Arrington update on 2012 tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I spoke with ALex there for a while today about 2012 tuning since they're who I'm gonna use for heads, cam and supercharger. They started a partnership with B&G to work on custom tuning with the B&G guys flying in every other week to collaborate with their tuners. Unfortunately it looks like late Jan/Early Feb before they'll have anything. As most now know the 2012 ECM is not the same as 2011 trucks so they're starting from scratch. They have full support from MOPAR and will be using both the Trinity for "canned" tunes and the upcoming performance ECM for full blown custom stuff. The ECM will allow access to things the Trinity can't so the limits will be endless.
Looks like we have a little more of a wait but if full custom is what you're after there's a very viable option on the horizon.
I'm a little bummed...I had hoped to have this thing on boost before years end...I guess that's not gonna happen.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks for the info...im sure it will happen! Just waiting to find out when, seems like they are unsure at the moment and its back to the drawing boards! But hopefully soon!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Thanks for making the call, my contacts told me similar, so it will add a ton more power, being backed by Mopar.

OP
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Close...but there are things buried in there not accessible with the Trinity no matter who tunes it. That's why Arrington will use the performance ECM for highly custom stuff and the Trinity for their canned stuff. Their canned tunes will be on par with others custom tunes.
You're welcome to call them yourself and verify that info....I'm just passing it along.

OP
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I honestly didn't get that deep into it with him.
I've seen what's accessible in the diesel world with handheld tuners including Diablo and I can tell you for certain what those access isn't nearly as in depth as what we can access with software like EFI Live. It's a whole new ballgame.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hmm so this would be good for people planning on going really deep into modding these trucks I guess huh. I would imagine that a bolt on truck and maybe even a cammed one would do ok with a trinity custom tune but anything dealing with boost or things like strokers might be better to go with the mopar stuff

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there's gonna be some superfast rams out there!!!!! :drool:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
This is the one I heard about at SEMA Chaney....I bet this blows away the other handheld. The only shocker to me, was no warranty after the tune.

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The only shocker to me, was no warranty after the tune.

Yep, I heard they flag your VIN and then void your warranty if you send your PCM to them. Just hear say though....I have not confirmed.

OP
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Realistically....if you're gonna mod as heavy as I am you wouldn't have a warranty anyway. After heads, cam and a blower I wouldn't expect Dodge to pay if it kicks a rod out the block....that's obviously gonna be my fault....just like the trans I'll have to buy when the stock one dies, and it will.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Realistically....if you're gonna mod as heavy as I am you wouldn't have a warranty anyway. After heads, cam and a blower I wouldn't expect Dodge to pay if it kicks a rod out the block....that's obviously gonna be my fault....just like the trans I'll have to buy when the stock one dies, and it will.

agreed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01