ATI Super Damper install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am installing my ATI Super Damper that I got from Moe's. I noticed the ATI has a keyway and the old balancer doesn't.
The part number seems to be right. Anyone else notice this?
If no keyway how did you line up the timing marks?

The instructions are for a LS motor.....

Thanks for any help in advance. Of course I have to use my truck early tomorrow:)

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like they sent you the wrong one. My ATI has a keyway. It's a 17% OD for the 6.1. But can't believe it would be different on a 5.7.

wink

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds like they sent you the wrong one. My ATI has a keyway. It's a 17% OD for the 6.1. But can't believe it would be different on a 5.7.

wink

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I worded it incorrectly but, the ATI HAS a keyway. The crank and old damper/balancer DO NOT have a keyway.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it a tapered shaft? May not need a key if it is. Idk if the 5.7 is internally balanced. If so the balancer is just for vibration so you wouldn't be balancing the motor just absorbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is it a tapered shaft? May not need a key if it is. Idk if the 5.7 is internally balanced. If so the balancer is just for vibration so you wouldn't be balancing the motor just absorbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it must be since there was no keyway. I am just checking to make sure I have the correct damper.

but I would like to know how to line up the timing marks since no keyway to reference it?

Last edited:

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I worded it incorrectly but, the ATI HAS a keyway. The crank and old damper/balancer DO NOT have a keyway.

No, I misread it. Are you talking about ignition timing? Doesn't it use a crank sensor. Sorry, not up to speed on the 5.7s yet.

wink

OP
OP
M

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No, I misread it. Are you talking about ignition timing? Doesn't it use a crank sensor. Sorry, not up to speed on the 5.7s yet.

wink

Yeah, I guess you're right!
I guess its time to quit for the night. LOL

Thx