ATI Super Damper ???'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For you guys that did the ATI underdrive pully upgrade, did your new ATI pulley have a keyway in it? The one I ordered from Moes did and my crank does not have a provision for a key. I'm assuming this is an oil leak waiting to happen.
Pi$$ me off since I'm driving cross country on Tuesday and my truck is apart.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For you guys that did the ATI underdrive pully upgrade, did your new ATI pulley have a keyway in it? The one I ordered from Moes did and my crank does not have a provision for a key. I'm assuming this is an oil leak waiting to happen.
Pi$$ me off since I'm driving cross country on Tuesday and my truck is apart.

Yes, mine did. I called Moe's and asked. They said it was normal; nothing to worry about.

Now, approximately 30k miles later, there is still nothing to worry about. No leaks, either.

Put it on and enjoy.

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes, mine did. I called Moe's and asked. They said it was normal; nothing to worry about.

Now, approximately 30k miles later, there is still nothing to worry about. No leaks, either.

Put it on and enjoy.

Cool. I really wanted this mod on my stock truck. Is there a certain way you need to install it so the timing markers are accurate?

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The odd thing too is the part number of the one I received doesn’t match any part number on the ATI website.

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Think they claim 12 hp. I like the benefit of a top notch damper as well.

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Did you have a metal cover on the pulley when is came out? Looks like the dust cover for the crank seal.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool. I really wanted this mod on my stock truck. Is there a certain way you need to install it so the timing markers are accurate?

Personally, I didn't care, so I just installed it. If you are interested in it being accurate to time, there is likely a notch / arrow / etc on the factory damper to align to 0-deg on the new one.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you have a metal cover on the pulley when is came out? Looks like the dust cover for the crank seal.

I seem to recall that the factory one did.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The odd thing too is the part number of the one I received doesn’t match any part number on the ATI website.

They are custom runs for Moe's - not available to the general public for direct purchase from ATI.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats the hp and torque gains on it. ?

+1.2mpg over 30k miles.
+Smoother idle

+HP? Yes. How much - don't strictly care. About 12-15, I think? However, my butt dyno noticed the smoother idle right away.

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Finally got it installed. Nice mod but what a PIA

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Glad to hear! What are your thoughts on the initial results?

I do love how smooth it made the idle. Sometimes I can’t tell if the engine is running. Not a huge difference in performance but the throttle is more responsive. Like knowing I have a high quality damper on this engine.

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm interested in this mod on my 2012. Any help on the install process? Recommended tools,new bolt, or seals? thanks

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1.2mpg over 30k miles.
+Smoother idle

+HP? Yes. How much - don't strictly care. About 12-15, I think? However, my butt dyno noticed the smoother idle right away.

So far you're the only one reporting better mpg, so I'm interested, any other mods during that 30k?

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm interested in this mod on my 2012. Any help on the install process? Recommended tools,new bolt, or seals? thanks

I went through 3 different pullers. Get the harmonic balancer kit. I used nuts and bolts through the pulley. I didn’t need a new seal although I did but both a new seal and bolt. Grease the hub good before install and you should be all set

Jimmy_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if anyone has seen my thread about testing bolt-ons, but this is going to be the 2nd part I test at the track, right after the vararam.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I went through 3 different pullers. Get the harmonic balancer kit. I used nuts and bolts through the pulley. I didn’t need a new seal although I did but both a new seal and bolt. Grease the hub good before install and you should be all set

Where do you get this kit?