ATI Super Damper ???'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far you're the only one reporting better mpg, so I'm interested, any other mods during that 30k?

Not a thing. Unless you count a black headliner as a performance mod! :)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
+1.2mpg over 30k miles.
+Smoother idle

+HP? Yes. How much - don't strictly care. About 12-15, I think? However, my butt dyno noticed the smoother idle right away.

How did you document the milege gain,and what makes you think it was because of the ATI damper,just curious,as a 1.2 mpg gain over 30,000 miles is quite a gain.

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
would you do this mod if you plan on boost? I read some where that it is not suggested for boosted engines?

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you document the milege gain,and what makes you think it was because of the ATI damper,just curious,as a 1.2 mpg gain over 30,000 miles is quite a gain.

In a notebook, starting from the front; I track every fill up, truck mileage, gallons, cost, and date. I also note if I was towing that tank or not.

In that same notebook, starting from the back, I track each maintenance performed, mileage on the truck, and date performed.

No other mods have been performed since the install of the pulley (unless you count a black headliner as a mod that would affect MPG).

So, in summation - mathematics, is how I am determining the delta, and can correlate it directly to the point of installation of the under-drive pulley & damper.

Correlation isn't causation; sure. However, I'll present a good case it is the cause. No mods, no change in route, driving, place of work, route, etc. Same tires, even, until 100 miles ago.

Installed at 22k miles, currently at 50k.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
In a notebook, starting from the front; I track every fill up, truck mileage, gallons, cost, and date. I also note if I was towing that tank or not.

In that same notebook, starting from the back, I track each maintenance performed, mileage on the truck, and date performed.

No other mods have been performed since the install of the pulley (unless you count a black headliner as a mod that would affect MPG).

So, in summation - mathematics, is how I am determining the delta, and can correlate it directly to the point of installation of the under-drive pulley & damper.

Correlation isn't causation; sure. However, I'll present a good case it is the cause. No mods, no change in route, driving, place of work, route, etc. Same tires, even, until 100 miles ago.

Installed at 22k miles, currently at 50k.

You have a decent set of records,but I see you don't mention weather conditions,you might be right and it does add 1.2 mpg,but from an onlookers point of view it does sound like a bit of a stretch for that milege increase.How much is the underdrive % on the pulley?

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have a decent set of records,but I see you don't mention weather conditions,you might be right and it does add 1.2 mpg,but from an onlookers point of view it does sound like a bit of a stretch for that milege increase.How much is the underdrive % on the pulley?

The data spans 3 years.

Jeeze - how much do you guys think I drive per year to not have weather factor in the data? :roflsquared: