BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15RamEXP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted to see if anyone has installed the BBK shorty ceramic headers and what feedback you have on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Ceramic Coated BBK Shortys on the Mustang. They're decent quality. They're holding up very well. Looks good as the day they went on. They're EPA compliant. Sound good.

But pretty soon, soeone will chim in, and tell you to not do Shortys. Shortys add to midrange, but not a lot on top. Most want a peak gain.

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi 15 ram exp i have the bbk. headers the shorties with the ceramic coating on my 2012 ram 1500 5.7 engine i.m pleased with the mid range gains and overall performance compared to stock hope this will help

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What modifications are needed to hook up the BBKs?
Aftermarket Y pipe or just weld up flanges to connect?

OP
OP

15RamEXP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What modifications are needed to hook up the BBKs?
Aftermarket Y pipe or just weld up flanges to connect?

BBK says they are a direct bolt in which is why I am looking at them over long tubes.

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the bbk's will bolt to the y pipe no mods needed the only thing you may have to bend the oil deep stick to get around the headers

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the bbk's will bolt to the y pipe no mods needed the only thing you may have to bend the oil deep stick to get around the headers

Thank you.
Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Roady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do those shortys bolt directly to the stock exhaust?

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I put a set of BBK shorties on my 2014 last summer. Took me about 8 hours to install them (I'm old and slow), they fit perfect bolted right up to the engine and the exhaust. You do have to rebend the dipstick to get it to fit. You do need a good selection of 10MM wrenches to get to all the bolts. Removing the inner wheel wells is the way to go installing them, you will also have to drop the starter to get the the rear bottom bolts.
I found they do nothing for bottom end performance but do help the mid to top end performance, I think they are worth the trouble to install.