Bbk shorties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just ordered bbk shorties from Moe's any tips and tricks on installation? Need all the help I can get

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
fallow the installation instructions to the letter you may have problems with the oil dip stick that have to be bent to clear the headers and some of the bolts are hard to put in another advice have plenty of patience is a slow installation job again be patient use the oem gaskets from a 6.1 hemi engine will seal a lot better then the supplied ones good luck with the installation

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would like to know how it goes.
I've read different things.
Some say it is simple but some say u have to take out the starter on the passenger side and take out the motor mount on the drivers side .
I'm worried that could be tricky for me by myself in my townhouse driveway.
Also I live in canada with exchange and having them installed I'm looking at about 1200+ so if I can't do it myself I don't think I'm doing it.
I have a 15 1500 5.7 8spd crew cab

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
in my 2012 5.7 i did not take out the starter i did removed the heat shield for the startert install 2 bolts as far as the motor mount did not removed it and did not loose the motor mounts to rice the engine another point if you disconect the steering shaft make sure you mark the position of the steering wheel if you move it it will affect your dash board operation and cruise control good luck

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did this go? I'm looking at doing this to fix the exhaust leak... also interested in the sound after its done...

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would like to know as well. And are the JBA’s better than BBK?

I don’t care about performance gain just fixing this exhaust leak.