Best cost performance kick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm just looking for a way to get a little HP, better performance (throttle response), and maybe better MPG for my 2015 5.7 hemi Ram. Any suggestions? I'm thinking programmer.

Also, it's still under warrantee so if I have a problem with something else will the dealer know I had it on there?

JJK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport quad 4X4 HEMI 5.7
I'm just looking for a way to get a little HP, better performance (throttle response), and maybe better MPG for my 2015 5.7 hemi Ram. Any suggestions? I'm thinking programmer.

Also, it's still under warrantee so if I have a problem with something else will the dealer know I had it on there?

Call Matt at Moes Performance He can hook you up! Outstanding customer service as well. Tuner is the best bang for your buck, There's my two cents:favorites13:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tuners are a little pricey for the 15's however as was said, it's the best bang for your buck.
Jay

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tune. All day every day is going to be the largest difference you can make for your money

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Only problem with a tuner on the 15's is you need to buy a new PCM plus the tuner. You're looking at $1000 or better I believe. My question would be do you have to swap the PCM everytime you go to the dealer.

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only problem with a tuner on the 15's is you need to buy a new PCM plus the tuner. You're looking at $1000 or better I believe. My question would be do you have to swap the PCM everytime you go to the dealer.

I believe you do have to swap back to the stock one before going to the dealer .

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I believe you do have to swap back to the stock one before going to the dealer .

That is correct. Otherwise they may try to flash something onto the tuned PCM, and either mess things up, or they may decide to try and blame failures on it (void warranty).

That being said, its probably still the best bang-for-your-buck upgrade. I love Hemifever's tunes on my DiabloSport i2.

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

That's unfortunate. But how often do you take your truck into the dealership?
On my other car, custom tune + dyno + spare ECU ran me around that much and I've had to swap it out 1 time I think.

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A good custom tune is a good option and will get you a nice boost over stock, but as mentioned, for a 2015 it involves buying a new PCM.

If you have the 3.21 gears, you can regear to 3.92's and get a whole lot more response and acceleration, better in town fuel economy, negligible hwy economy loss, and better towing capabilities. And it should cost less than what the 2015 tuner/pcm combo costs.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Unless the gear swap is done by the dealership, you will void the rear end warranty. I was quoted about 2 grand for 2wd.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Unless the gear swap is done by the dealership, you will void the rear end warranty. I was quoted about 2 grand for 2wd.

As long as you use factory parts, then I doubt they will give you a hard time. Even then, they can only deny a warranty on the differential itself. The 2011-up ZF rear is very strong and has had very few issues since they did the pinion nut recall, so I don't see anything to worry about there.

We have the OEM 3.92's for only $349, so that is a very good bang for buck mod for the 2015 2wd guys that don't want to spend $1000 on tuning.

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

There not going to know you put new gears in it?

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would think an 87mm throttlebody would possibly be the best bolt on,warranty friendly ,affordable mod.I mean you just put it in & forget about it right.The tuner will leave a mark guaranteed regardless of switching it or not due to the mileage differences btw it & the truck which is a dead give away,may as well leave it in & plug the port so they don't flash it if you run a tune & flush the warranty down the drain.I would think to keep the warranty you could possibly do the gears if you want & have the dealer correct the speedo,chg the throttlebody & message the exhaust a lil plus the intake,just my .02 anyway.Personally i would just make sure the drivetrains solid go hog wild & if it goes wrong fix what breaks & trade it for something thats more mod friendly like a ford.

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi

No it won't. They're not going to know you did it, even if it had a problem. As long as you use Mopar OEM gears and lockers, they're not going to say anything.

As a dealership tech, I can assure you, if a truck comes in with a concern for the differential, they're more than likely going to order an entire new rear axle to replace it. Even if they opened it up to see what happened, they're not going to count the teeth to see what ratio it is. They will order the new axle which will come in whatever ratio the truck was built with.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the cost of a tune on the 15's is around a $1000 or so but i'd guess thats your best bang for the buck... I'm not a big believer in throttle bodies so i wouldnt waste my money unless you have a ton of supporting mods and nothing else to buy!

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
the cost of a tune on the 15's is around a $1000 or so but i'd guess thats your best bang for the buck... I'm not a big believer in throttle bodies so i wouldnt waste my money unless you have a ton of supporting mods and nothing else to buy!

I bet you that this would void the drivetrain warranty,it's a gamble i've taken more then once with zero problems,but the op just stated he wanted to maintain the warranty.This is very questionable indeed,especially on the 15's,although i'm sure it's risky business on most all late models as it's to easy for them to tell it's been tampered with.I would assume it would be ok unless it was a catastrophic failure like a blown engine in which some manufacturers such as ford & gm have to get approval from corp & they usually scrutinize the ecm etc to look for signs of mods in order to get out of warranty claims.