Best Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What supercharger is making the most power, I think I'm gonna get a pro charger

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
No you're not.....cmon... pipe dreams

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Do you have a built trans ? anything else done to it. ?

Do a search on here someone just put a supercharger on there Hemi not long ago.

OP
OP
C

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have a built trans, it will have full bolt ons and supercharger. Idk what route to go with the trans as I know it will be needed sooner then later prolly

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you don't have a built motor it really won't matter which. Most of them will make enough to pop a piston or two. A better question is to ask yourself what your goal is.

wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have a built trans, it will have full bolt ons and supercharger. Idk what route to go with the trans as I know it will be needed sooner then later prolly

Until you make more power than a stock motor can handle, the tranny shouldn't be an issue. Also usage will play a role. Jut hotroddin' around town is gonna make it last way longer than hitting the drag strip every week.

wink

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
What supercharger is making the most power, I think I'm gonna get a pro charger

It really depends on what you want for how you usually drive it and what you have for a trans. I can't see your details on Tapatalk so I'll be general.

If you prefer top speed driving or want the best fuel economy (relatively of course) then the Procharger system is best because the blower is a variable flow pump. If you're a stop light to stop light type driver or want more fun around town then the whipple or E-Force would be my recommendation because of the better low-rpm power. If you drag race a lot then there isn't much difference between the two, especially if you have the 8-speed trans.

The stock engine handles 7-8 psi with no issues and has been reliable to 10psi with a tuned water/**** system but you're 100% reliant on the w/m and if it runs out then say goodbye to the piston upper ring land.

The trans is a big factor: if you have a 545/65rfe then only run the procharger since the Whipple/E-Force will kill it in very short order. If it's the 8-speed then run whatever you want up to 8 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It really depends on what you want for how you usually drive it and what you have for a trans. I can't see your details on Tapatalk so I'll be general.

If you prefer top speed driving or want the best fuel economy (relatively of course) then the Procharger system is best because the blower is a variable flow pump. If you're a stop light to stop light type driver or want more fun around town then the whipple or E-Force would be my recommendation because of the better low-rpm power. If you drag race a lot then there isn't much difference between the two, especially if you have the 8-speed trans.

The stock engine handles 7-8 psi with no issues and has been reliable to 10psi with a tuned water/**** system but you're 100% reliant on the w/m and if it runs out then say goodbye to the piston upper ring land.

The trans is a big factor: if you have a 545/65rfe then only run the procharger since the Whipple/E-Force will kill it in very short order. If it's the 8-speed then run whatever you want up to 8 psi.

Well said and exactly what i would recommend. really cant add much to this post, nice job

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Where is the info on the truck to find out what tranny you have. 2016 RT

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Where is the info on the truck to find out what tranny you have. 2016 RT

8 speed has the knob, 5/6 speeds have either the console or column shifter. If it's a 2016 then you have the 8 speed.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Read his bio. Its a 2011.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe he bought a new truck cause he said it's a 2016 Rt

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
No, re read the whole thread. At no time does the OP say what year he has.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I think Txhemirt asked about the transmission and said he had a 16. Op never mentioned his

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a procharger on my 8 speed 2016 ram, and have had 2 other Magnachargers on my LS vehicles.

I would recommend both, depends on how your driving it like Charonblk07. Procharger makes all the cool noises, but is lacking that bottom end grunt liek my magnachargers did.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a procharger on my 8 speed 2016 ram, and have had 2 other Magnachargers on my LS vehicles.

I would recommend both, depends on how your driving it like Charonblk07. Procharger makes all the cool noises, but is lacking that bottom end grunt liek my magnachargers did.

I dunno my whipple makes some pretty great noises lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452