Best Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glefevre87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In the market for a tuner and CAI. What do yall recommend? I will be adding a Mufflex 14" in the near future and want to add some additional power.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Diablo tuner custom tuned by Hemifever. There are literally hundreds of threads on this subject. Let search be your friend. There are 2 tuners that are usually recommended by members here; Hemifever and Jay Greene. Both have their following and both offer a good product. I run a Vararam CAI which I like alot. There are many choices but once again asking for recommendations is like asking everyone what kind of beer they like the best----you're going to get lots of different answers. You might check with Matt at Moe's Performance, a vendor on the forum for recommendations on both the tuner and the CAI.
Jay

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
As stated, either of the Diablo tuners paired up with a good custom tune is going to give you the best power gains.

As for intakes, the Vararam Air Grabber is going to give you the best performance, but the S&B has a more traditional design and a great fit/finish as well. Can go wrong with either of these intakes.

Dahkness

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Etorque v8
As stated, either of the Diablo tuners paired up with a good custom tune is going to give you the best power gains.

As for intakes, the Vararam Air Grabber is going to give you the best performance, but the S&B has a more traditional design and a great fit/finish as well. Can go wrong with either of these intakes.

Considering a tune as well. I currently only have a carven exhaust installed, looking to do an intake as well and then a tune. Does it matter in order and/or with all else being factory under the hood? Wasn't sure about getting any engine error codes with the Diablo sport connected in. Main item with that is also disabling MDS as it is quite annoying when you want that full v8 power to kick in while cruising. Thanks!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Considering a tune as well. I currently only have a carven exhaust installed, looking to do an intake as well and then a tune. Does it matter in order and/or with all else being factory under the hood? Wasn't sure about getting any engine error codes with the Diablo sport connected in. Main item with that is also disabling MDS as it is quite annoying when you want that full v8 power to kick in while cruising. Thanks!

It doesnt matter which order you install the intake or tuner because you get free custom tune updates if you go with the upgraded Hemifever tuning. Adding an aftermarket intake will not trigger any engine codes either, so there is nothing to worry about there.

Dahkness

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Etorque v8
It doesnt matter which order you install the intake or tuner because you get free custom tune updates if you go with the upgraded Hemifever tuning. Adding an aftermarket intake will not trigger any engine codes either, so there is nothing to worry about there.

Thanks. I meant the tuner updates not the CAI. Just wanted to see if people had any issues with the tuner modules on a stock engine. Will reach out when I'm ready to pull the trigger on that!

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
I bought the Bully dog before I joined here wish I would have known about the Diablo tuner and Hemifever tune. Sucks...maybe one day after i’m Done with others upgrades i’ll Switch. I like the bully dog but it doesn’t have the upgrade capabilities like the Diablo. Curious what’s the Diablo run with the hemifever tune? If you buy theirs you get free tunes?