Better Procharger Belt Tensioner Option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys,

So, on Tuesday, my serpentine belt came off resulting in having to put it back on while on the side of the road in the dark, not a fun experience.

The biggest problem with the Procharger tensioner is that it is manual and doesn't keep a consistent spring loaded tension on the belt like the OEM one would.

I know there is a "Stage 2" setup that makes a separate pulley and belt for the blower, but that is too expensive and I would like a more simple and cheaper solution. Just something to keep consistent tension on the belt should be good.

Any suggestions for me on this?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You could try replacing the tensioner with a solid pulley and go back to using the factory tensioner location with the GT500 tensioner like some of the car guys have done. It still requires custom modification to the Procharger bracket. I'd also pull the bolt on the tensioner adjuster to see if it's bent, it's been known to happen so if it's bent replace it with a grade 8 bolt of the same length.

OP
OP
Gamester

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hmm, never heard of modding that, but good idea. I will look into that if need be.

Thanks