Beware of Banks Engineering Salespersons!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rock1679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
On 03/02/ 17 I was web-surfing to find a Bank's Bullet for my 2016 Dodge Ram Ecodiesel. I found the “Bullet” with JEG’s Speed Equipment for $389.00 with no tax and free shipping. I was not !00% sure the part would work on my 2016 model Ecodiesel.
On 03/03/2017 I phoned Bank's Power to check if this Banks part number 66526 would work on my 2016 Dodge Ram. I spoke with a salesperson who was very surprised JEG’s could offer it for "so cheap". He put me on "hold" for several minutes and got back to me. This Bank's salesperson told me that JEG’s was getting rid of the "1st generation Bullets" and preparing for the sale of "2nd generation Bullets".
I asked the Banks salesperson what the difference was between the " 1st and 2nd generation Bullet" . The salesperson told me there was a 20% increase in overall performance. I asked the salesperson if I bought the "Bullet" directly from Banks, would I receive the "2nd generation Bullet". The salesperson told me "YES" and based on that, I purchased the "bullet" directly from Banks at a price of $449.00 plus 43.92 in tax, plus 30.83 in shipping for a total of $$134.45 more than JEG’S. Suspicious, I searched the forums and contacted other authorized Banks retailers who knew nothing of a "2nd generation bullet". Today, 03/06/17, I phoned Bank's Power and spoke with them about my order of the "2nd generation Bullet". I was told I was shipped the "1st generation “Bullet" and is no "2nd generation Bullet" for sale. Banks said there was a “2nd generation” in development but it has not been released for sale and there is no date of release.
That false representation convinced me I was purchasing a "2nd generation Bullet" when there are none available for sale. This fraudulent representation of their product by one of Banks Power sales staff, defrauded me of $134.45 more than the $389.00 total I could have paid to the other retailer for the exact same product. Banks did refund me the purchase price, but they very rude, casual, and non-nonchalant about the entire matter. Banks never apologized for the fraud, and did nothing to help me earn their trust. Initially, the Banks salesperson tried to dissuade me from purchasing from an outside vendor stating they would not warranty the Banks purchase. That rhetoric was later toned down to purchase "if purchased from a non-authorized" Banks dealer.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Banks has been around for years and years. I'm somewhat surprised at this behavior for a long time and well know business.
Jay

Last edited:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure what this is - but can you just return and buy from Jegs?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
It looks like they did refund him the money. I think he just wanted to vent and warn others of the shady sales practice he experienced

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
99% of first time posters on web forums are complaints, right.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yah first post and its a complaint. I take no merit to that.

Banks is a awesome company, likely a simple miss communication

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yah absolutely. There salesperson was clearly misinformed. He placed the order and messed up. Banks made it right on there end, end of story. Its not the end of the world. So many people make such a big deal out of human error.

I would go out on a limp and say you likely are not in a line of work that deals with the general public. Maybe Im wrong tho

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its not the end of the world. So many people make such a big deal out of human error.

I agree with you, but its hard to tell the motive of the sales person but knowing some people its not surprising, but knowing banks and doing a lot of business with them over the years it surprises me to hear. But even great companies have bad apples sometimes.
One also has to take the OP's demeanor during the phone call, cause that contributes to ones way of handling a situation if the OP was being rude from the getgo....
Plus how did he figure this out? maybe I missed that part