Bolt on exhaust install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So.. I ordered the carven tips.. a quick 30 minute job took me about 2 hours. Granted 1.5 of them was going back and forth to lowes. I live in MA on the rust belt in a beach town so.. I had to use a grinder to but the rusted clamps off and the grinder broke (twice). So I'm looking to see if anyone has done a muffler swap in a rusty area and what the horror story was.

I'm looking at the progressive. Also, any HP gains on these?? Or just sound..

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So.. I ordered the carven tips.. a quick 30 minute job took me about 2 hours. Granted 1.5 of them was going back and forth to lowes. I live in MA on the rust belt in a beach town so.. I had to use a grinder to but the rusted clamps off and the grinder broke (twice). So I'm looking to see if anyone has done a muffler swap in a rusty area and what the horror story was.

I'm looking at the progressive. Also, any HP gains on these?? Or just sound..

I can't speak for the rust belt issue. My muffler was hard to get off and my truck was 4 months old 5000 miles. I live in Florida. I got a progressive and the butt dyno said a little better in the mid to upper rpms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks man. Mines a 2012... with a nice rust coat on it.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks man. Mines a 2012... with a nice rust coat on it.

I'd say pick up some pb blasted or wd40 rust spray and let it soak. I had to do some finagling. Twist and pull Got the pipes out the back and had to do the shake and twist on the muffler once I got it to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't speak to rust problem, however when I had the Magnaflow installed I think it was mostly sound difference. For us old, fat and lazy guys I heard that, on the eighth day God created Muffler Shops! :roflsquared::roflsquared:
Jay

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Can't speak to rust problem, however when I had the Magnaflow installed I think it was mostly sound difference. For us old, fat and lazy guys I heard that, on the eighth day God created Muffler Shops! :roflsquared::roflsquared:
Jay
I bought a 24" Mufflex kit. Local corner garage charged me $150 to dispose of old and install new. 1.5 hours labor. Such-A-Deal for not having to crawl on the ground and have crap fall on me since I don't have access to a lift right now. I then spent an hour or so putting 5" tips on a couple days later. Hardest part was grinding the factory spot weld to release the OEM clamps for reuse. After about six Dremel grinding wheels the deed was done. Having a battery powered impact wrench helps get it all tight.

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now just need someone to sell me a used carven progressive exhaust system :)

Anyone?!?!