Boosted members: colder plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So Since I'm digging in anyway and replacing the fuel injectors as part of my procharger install, figured I would take the opportunity to test/replace the coil packs if required and maybe change out the plugs.

Do you guys using boosted applications/nitrous run a colder plug, or gap differently, or just stock?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Stock plugs will work if you're staying around 6psi but your best options is one stage colder with the D1SC. If you are changing out coils make sure you get stock coils from a 14+ when they made the swap from copper plugs to platinum, the coils have a higher output voltage which will help prevent blowout on stock gapped plugs. I run the Denso 3381 plugs for daily driving gapped at .028" but start at .030" as most trucks are happy at that gap. If you have high rpm stutter then you're probably blowing out the spark plug and you'll need to tighten the gap.