Which Borla Muffler...notched or unnotched

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JQ3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see Borla offers a cat back system, but it's about $900 depending where you buy it. Therefore, since it appears that although the Rams have a stainless steel exhaust system that is heavy there is no real gains by adding an aftermarket cat back. So I have decided to just add one of their "specialty" mufflers.

Should the muffler of choice be notched or unnotched?

Thanks!!!

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Stock exhaust is low grade SS. Like 409. I find it to be about the same as aluminized steel. 304SS is a whole different ball game.

Stock tail pipes have tabs welded on to locate them in the knotched stock muffler.

Catbacks don't slow a lot of gains bc the rest of the exhaust is very restrictive. Put headers and a yippee and the catback will be worth more power. If u ever think your going to perform such mods the I would suggest getting a catback.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Borla Touring on the Mustang. They make some noise when you're on the gas, but quiet way down when you're just cruising. Dome guys say they re not loud enough, but i think the Touring is about right.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I agree that they are a great tone and muffler, not obnoxious and they are unique sounding. Quality as well. But u pay for what you get.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need a y-pipe that keeps my cats. I have flowtech(Holley) headers with a Borla 350 ATAK crate muffler and a dump welded so it dumps just before the rear axle. Nice and Mellow when cruising but damn loud when you want it to be :) I'm in CA so cars have to stay :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
like was said earlier the borlas sound throaty and agressive on the launch. i have the s type cat back. you can still hear it when you drive but it still sounds great. zero drone. great quality fit/finish and hardware. others in my area like the sound. few trucks running borla pipes around here. and after 2 years of having it. couldnt be happier. you do get what you pay for

OP
OP
J

JQ3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know which muffler Borla uses on the S type cat back? I've emailed Borla, but I haven't heard back from them.