Borla ProXS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vmavino7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hey all, thinking about opening the wallet and going with the Borla ProXS muffler. Anybody using it/like it or have any input.

Thanks

Also thought about going with the full Cat back S-type system from Borla but the price is steep. Any input is much appreciated.

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had one on my '12 for about 2,000 miles. It sounded good. Was deep but not overly loud. I took it off and tossed on a flowmaster because I wanted it a little louder and I personally like chambered mufflers better (hey I'm a mustang guy). I still have the Borla, it's in my garage. Haven't tried to sell it yet. If you're interested shoot me an offer through pm.
ry7e4abu.jpg

sent via tapatalk

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had a borla on my 2007 and 2008 ram 1500 5.7l that I previously had and they sounded great!

If you are in need of a Borla still send me a PM and I would be more than happy to get you some pricing.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Bully's Performance

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ive heard a lot of guys running Magnaflow universal mufflers on here. Not sure if its because its cheap or because its the best performing muffler.

Ive had Borla mufflers on pretty much all my trucks. Love their sound.

I'm still unsure which to go with for my RAM

jaredj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had one on my '12 for about 2,000 miles. It sounded good. Was deep but not overly loud. I took it off and tossed on a flowmaster because I wanted it a little louder and I personally like chambered mufflers better (hey I'm a mustang guy). I still have the Borla, it's in my garage. Haven't tried to sell it yet. If you're interested shoot me an offer through pm.
ry7e4abu.jpg

sent via tapatalk

you still have this up for sale?
if so how much are you willing to part with it for?

-Jared

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I had both the one off the Daytona and currently have the XR1 Race Muffler, nice tone at idle, LOUD at WOT and calm while cruising. Best of all worlds

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Ive heard a lot of guys running Magnaflow universal mufflers on here. Not sure if its because its cheap or because its the best performing muffler.

It's hard to mess up a straight through designed muffler when it comes to flow and performance. Magnaflow performs VERY well, sounds good, and isn't a million bucks.

I've got over 51,000 miles on a MF system on my G8 with ZERO issues.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
^ True.... but makes me wonder why the Borla is over $100 more than a similar Magnaflow Muffler. Wonder what Borla has that the Magnaflow doesn't?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
^ True.... but makes me wonder why the Borla is over $100 more than a similar Magnaflow Muffler. Wonder what Borla has that the Magnaflow doesn't?

I commented on another thread today that Borla may be using a higher grade stainless. Like a 300 series which can cost MUCH more. It may also use a thicker metal for its assemblies.

You want to spend some money on an exhaust, look at Corsa!

I have sitting in my garage a full Corsa system that is setup to hook directly to KOOK's headers and it cost me 1000 dollars... USED!!!!! They're 1800 new!

They have a SWEET muffler design that eliminates drone.

Chris

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Prestige Pricing. Borla has always touted their systems as 'exclusive' due to costs. I won't argue the quality, but it's not THAT superior to others.

Well, I can't argue with Chewy's points either.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

It's just a name

Borla makes great mufflers. Dad had there cat-back for yaers on his F-body and sounded mean.!!!

I had a proXS muffler on my s10 and it sounded good for a 4 banger..lol

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

magnaflow uses fiberglass packing that will eventually burn out, borla uses stainless steel packing and backed by million mile waranty

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
magnaflow uses fiberglass packing that will eventually burn out, borla uses stainless steel packing and backed by million mile waranty

It's not fiberglass. It's a silica glass mat like they use in smelting furnaces and it lasts a VERY long time. It also absorbs sound better than steel packing which is probably why the Borla mufflers are a bit larger.

By all means, if you plan on driving it a million miles, buy the Borla.

Chris