Brand new and noisy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Went down to the local dealer today with a buddy to see about getting him a new Ram and heard first hand what Hemi tick is like..lol

Man we started up a brand new truck and I thought crap was going to come out through the hood !
If I was new to Rams I might have walked off from the brand right there, that truck sounded like the biggest pile of **** I ever heard and after over 5mins of running it was still pounding acouple lifters.

Going to go look at a different truck tomorrow at a different dealer hopefully its like mine and does not sound like rocks in a coffee can when it's started.

Truck was $41950 and they were going to sell it for $32 and some change.
Truck tomorrow is $41350 for $29 only difference in the truck is the cheaper one does not have a sprayed in liner in the bed, ends up being about 3gs difference between the two.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
never settle for a truck there will always be a better option it just takes some looking if the Hemi tick is an issue walk away as fast as you can because it will forever bug the hell out of you guys, second options for bed liners or other aftermarket items can always be added on to a truck that you like.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Oh I told my buddy he did not want that truck, freaken crazy how loud it was I was just shocked..lol
The truck tomorrow is a much better price anyway.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did anyone check the oil before starting?

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
It did have 23 miles on the clock so I would have thought when the mechanic did the new car pdi he would have.
The salesman said it had been setting for awhile and just needed to get the oil flowing through the motor.
If my truck sounded like that I would not have bought it, it was bad.

But no we did not check it, would been interesting to fire up a few others bit imo it was not normal.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
lol, nah the diesels dont make that much noise..

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Went down to the local dealer today with a buddy to see about getting him a new Ram and heard first hand what Hemi tick is like..lol

Man we started up a brand new truck and I thought crap was going to come out through the hood !
If I was new to Rams I might have walked off from the brand right there, that truck sounded like the biggest pile of **** I ever heard and after over 5mins of running it was still pounding acouple lifters.

Going to go look at a different truck tomorrow at a different dealer hopefully its like mine and does not sound like rocks in a coffee can when it's started.

Truck was $41950 and they were going to sell it for $32 and some change.
Truck tomorrow is $41350 for $29 only difference in the truck is the cheaper one does not have a sprayed in liner in the bed, ends up being about 3gs difference between the two.

That truck likely had an aerated lifter. It happens now and then, mainly on vehicles that have sat for quite awhile. It's not going to grenade the engine or anything. The fix is to rev the truck at about 2500rpm for a few minutes and the aerated lifter will clear itself out.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Well I honestly could hear somewhere around 6 lifts banging it was loud as **** it was not untill we got ready to shut it off that it was just acouple banging, we did rev it up a few times to see if that would help but it did not so we shut it off.