Broken petcock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all, I did a rad flush and changed my thermostat. I drained by petcock. Well....damn thing just spins now. It is in and dosnt leak, but it dosnt stop. Just turns.
I am assuming it is broke as it won't come out either. Dam thing.
So do you think I should fight the darn thing and get it out or just leave it as it is not leaking? Think it will eventually leak?
I am picking one up tomorrow just to have on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
Oh no....

I guess you didn't read my earlier post in your original thread. Folks if you gonna drain your radiator remove the lower hose or buy a new petcock prior to removing the old one.

So how did you remove the petcock????

OP
OP
B

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So got the petcock out. Was just stripped and not complete broken. Phew! Put the new one in and good to go.
But, lost some antifreeze. Topped up my rad, but now not sure if has a 50/50 mix. I have a tester, the suction and float kind. So what temperature is the correct 50/50 mixture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
How do you remove the PETCOCK on these RAM radiators?

OP
OP
B

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a pair of pliers...quarter turn, then while pulling gently, but firmly turned more and you can see it pulling out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then once all open and coolant pouring out of spout, can pull more and just pops out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk