Bully Dog 11'-12' Hemi Tuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm hoping to get my truck a tuner for christmas as well. :********: I hope, I hope, I hope...

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I'm just joking man, no hard feelings! Loll I realize ya'll 11-12'ers are pretty upset.

Its good, I seriously wasnt coming off like a jerk, but from a pretty reliable source they will be out, hence my statement "before Christmas"...all we cna do ius pray it happens.

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its good, I seriously wasnt coming off like a jerk, but from a pretty reliable source they will be out, hence my statement "before Christmas"...all we cna do ius pray it happens.

Yeah I believe you lol. I think it'll happen shortly after SEMA

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I already told a few, I am running to the Mopar booth during setup for SEMA to see if I can get an early look...I'll be there a day before the crowd comes in, if so, I'll post a pic and info on it.

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now can someone make gears for the 2011+ trucks :birgits_tiredcoffee

BigSexyBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram quad express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought they have gear options for 11-12

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Negative. They have gearing for the 11's if you get you carrier modified (very pricey!) I think it's about $2000-$3000 for the gear install and carrier modification if your a 4x4 guy.

If your a 12 guy, then so far it looks like they're wont be anything for a long time.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
hey you 11-12ers.........I have 2 tuners. Thats right! :D I think I'm going to stack 'em.

LOL (kidding on the stacking, but yes, I have 2 tuners)

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Was on phone w today. Said beta next week, and would like to have by sema which is end of oct. $100 more then gas gt they offer now. We'll see what happens.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Would be cool to see Ralph's presentation at sema with the hemi tuning kits, then right after see Bully Dog present they've broken the codes and selling a better product, fully customizable tuner for half the price and headache.

Guess we'll see!

If they have figured it out, I wonder if they'll share with the others? Or try to dominate the market until it can be reverse engineered?

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Would be cool to see Ralph's presentation at sema with the hemi tuning kits, then right after see Bully Dog present they've broken the codes and selling a better product, fully customizable tuner for half the price and headache.

Guess we'll see!

If they have figured it out, I wonder if they'll share with the others? Or try to dominate the market until it can be reverse engineered?

Said something bout trademarking/legal bs, said they will have solely locked down. Said not sharing after they did all the leg work. Lol That was his words. Could been just a line, but was on phone w 30mins, dude sounded like had their ducks in a row.

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so wait did bullydog get the tune cracked for 11 and 12 or am i just a lost confused sad tuneless soul?

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
:p You must not be following fastnuglys gear thread then? :)

12s can be done. Just again have to modify the carrier. He will be done tomorrow with his 12 4x4 with 4.56s front and back.

As of me Moes shipped me R/T factory 4.10s for my 2wd for an AMAZING price. Those are going in at my local shop in T Minus 33 hours :) <3

Now granted you are correct on the it is ridiculous and pricy. So not practical on somebody who wants to spend a short bit of cash for a nice chunk of performance, but still.

I am still very sceptical about this whole tuner.

I am hoping, if they are truly keeping it all to themselves as they are entitled to for busting their ass so much, that they get it right. And this one tuner they release will have EVERYTHING done correctly to it.

Rev points need to be raised. ( Probably the most important )
TC needs to be 100% disabled.
MDS needs to be able to be turned off.
TRQ Management needs to be shot in the head as well.
02 sensors deleted for guys who want to run longtubes etc.

The HP/TRQ gains are just a bonus. I couldn't care if I lost 5 hp. If all this crap gets turned off our trucks will be monsters. Turning traction control off in a 300+WHP vehicle and NOT being able to just step on the gas and demolish a set of tires is telling you something BIG.

Of course all of this needs to be... well functional. If they are going to be the big dog on the block and be the only tuner for awhile that offers tuning for all these Hemis... They better have that tuner in 100% working order making sure nothing is going to mess up in the process. Not having competition is easy to get big headed and sale a product that isn't either ready or isn't really that great because they had no reason really to "hit it out of the ball park"... I mean they could sale a box that says "Tune your 11-12 Hemi" and a migit stripper could come out of it... (Hell if I bought anything and a migit stripper came out of it... probably be the best day of my life)

I just have lots of thoughts about this. As I have NEVER owned a tuned car/truck. SO I have never been able to see what one can really do to a vehicle.... When I bought the truck not knowing I was pretty let down...

So going by what you said turning off the o2 sensors helps ppl running long tubes? If so can you explain how? My rt is running slower then a stock crew can hemi so I need to figure out how to fix my issue with the headers or I'll have to take them off.