Buying a tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking a purchasing a diablo sport tuner should I use the tunes from the tuner or get a custom tune I don't have many mods yet just a K&N filter. And what's this everybody talking about putting it back to stock to bring it back to the dealer

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buy it from MOE's and a custom tune is included. Without getting the custom tune it's not worth it imo. I have the I2

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you saying MOES wont ship to canada? Either way, invest in a custom tune if you can. As far as putting it back to stock before taking your truck to a dealer that's because it could void your warranty. Some guys say dealers don't care but it's not hard to go back to stock, you can just take off the custom tune and load the stock tune and they'll never know.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you saying MOES wont ship to canada? Either way, invest in a custom tune if you can.

He will just that with our dollar being lower then yours the tuner and custom tune will be 635.17 plus taxes and plus duites and all that and mine a 2010 so no worries about voiding warranty

Last edited:

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He will just that with our dollar being lower then yours the tuner and custom will be 635.17 plus duites and all that and mine a 2010 so no worries about voiding warranty
Yeah that is a bummer. Hopefully someone will chime in who is from Canada that has a custom tune that will help.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that is a bummer. Hopefully someone will chime in who is from Canada that has a custom tune that will help.

I looked on Sean website and you can buy just the tune 160$ or a stage 2 which is headers

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
For all you peeps that want to get tuners for your truck, then something goes wrong with the motor, you have the audacity and want/insist the dealer cover the motor under warranty, just unbelievable.
I hope you all get caught and warranty won't cover anything for yous.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For all you peeps that want to get tuners for your truck, then something goes wrong with the motor, you have the audacity and want/insist the dealer cover the motor under warranty, just unbelievable.

LOl OK bud simmer down. First unless you are an idiot and start playing with the timing, air/fuel mix on your own with no professional help a tuner wont do anything negative to your truck. Secondly it is illegal for a dealership to void your warranty just because you have an aftermarket product. They have to prove in a court of law that it caused the warranted part to fail. If that wasn't the case that little k&N air filter I see you have on yours would void a warrantee as it is not stock and designed to increase hp... :happy107:

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking a purchasing a diablo sport tuner should I use the tunes from the tuner or get a custom tune I don't have many mods yet just a K&N filter. And what's this everybody talking about putting it back to stock to bring it back to the dealer

If youc an afford it get it. I got a Superchips F5, I really only needed it because I wanted to recalibrate the speedo for my larger tires, but it wasn't that expensive 260 or so, and came with 3 tunes plus a whole host of other things you can do. My buddy has a diablo and he likes it. Not sure how much more hp that will get than the Superchips though. SC claims 17hp and 24trq

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

WWWHHHAAATTT just happened Here ???

:boxed:

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Bwahahahahahaha says the guy w/ that logic that the mods in his sig would have killed the motor, body & paint, suspension & exhaust warranties. Same sentiments back to you if you have any issues w/ your truck & warranty sir.

Last edited:

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are a few tuned Canadian guys in here that are tuned by a Canadian tuner. Wild One is one of the guys that has the Canadian tuner for his truck I believe

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Hi mr Dodge dealer, I installed a motor tuner, it increased my horse power by 30 plus, my main bearings are chattering, with the warranty on my Ram and all, will the motor get fixed under warranty?
LOLOLOLOLOL, sure, bring her right in the shop.LOLOLOLOL

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi mr Dodge dealer, I installed a motor tuner, it increased my horse power by 30 plus, my main bearings are chattering, with the warranty on my Ram and all, will the motor get fixed under warranty?

Hey Mr Dodge dealer my roof is leaking...I cut a hole in it. My interior is now wet & mildewing. Can you fix it under warranty... LOLOLOLOLOL

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Mr Dodge dealer my roof is leaking...I cut a hole in it. My interior is now wet & mildewing. Can you fix it under warranty... LOLOLOLOLOL

Drilling into the roof for a light bar

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If youc an afford it get it. I got a Superchips F5, I really only needed it because I wanted to recalibrate the speedo for my larger tires, but it wasn't that expensive 260 or so, and came with 3 tunes plus a whole host of other things you can do. My buddy has a diablo and he likes it. Not sure how much more hp that will get than the Superchips though. SC claims 17hp and 24trq
I can afford once i start working again in May (seasonal workers problems)

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

LOL it must hurt when you think. So you added a sunroof. Meaning you cut a big ******** in your roof. If you it leaks and gets water insdie and causes electrical issues I hope you won't be taking it to the dealer. You removed your resonators, those are just for sound deading but I sure hope if you have any exhaust issues you don't take it back. You switched out your factory shocks for some Rancho's and rear swaybar for better performance, sure hope you don't take it back in for any suspension issues you might get. I see you also switched out the rear diff cover, for looks sure, but that means you had to drain the diff fluid sure hope you don't have any issues. I mean how would the dealership know if you did it correctly? A little education on your end would be beneficial to you. The components of these engines can handle way more that the average 17 hp these tuners can produce.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr