Buying a tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A motor can be repaired or replaced if something happens. If something happens w/ the big hole cut in the cab of the truck then your in some doo doo. A cab can be replaced but not as easily. Lol

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm looking a purchasing a diablo sport tuner should I use the tunes from the tuner or get a custom tune I don't have many mods yet just a K&N filter. And what's this everybody talking about putting it back to stock to bring it back to the dealer
I just got a DiabloSport from Moe's. I'm currently running the 91 octane tune (canned) until I have time to install my Hemi Fever tune, which should be in the next couple of days.

My honest opinion - If you are NOT going to do a custom tune, don't bother. I am not even remotely impressed with the DS canned tune.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got a DiabloSport from Moe's. I'm currently running the 91 octane tune (canned) until I have time to install my Hemi Fever tune, which should be in the next couple of days.

My honest opinion - If you are NOT going to do a custom tune, don't bother. I am not even remotely impressed with the DS canned tune.

I'm dealing with a guy in Canada right now about tuning it

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

For me the superchips f5 canned tune is fine. I don't really need 30 more hp. The tune gets me just what I need to turn the 35's and keep good mpg's. I am not looking to beat anyone off the line.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
does anyone do custom tunes for superchips, like say hemifever or jay greene? or do i need to by a diablo? i ask because i want to change my tire size as well with the superchips.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
does anyone do custom tunes for superchips, like say hemifever or jay greene? or do i need to by a diablo? i ask because i want to change my tire size as well with the superchips.

Superchips doesn't have custom tuning abilities. You need a diablo intune or trinity for that. But you are able to change tire sizes with those as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You can change your tire size with dibalo sport too

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
You should be able to change tire size with the Superchip F5. Also they do have a unit that will accept custom tunes. It's the F5 pro. It has no canned tunes, it's just a delivery system for the custom tune. I think it uses the HP platform.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes the Superchips F5 will change tire size, shift points, a whole host of other things but it only comes with 3 tunes, mpg tune, 87, and a 90 something tune. I did the 87 and changed the tiresize and I am more than happy. It still gets up and goes but I get pretty good mpg with it too.