ca emission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so i have a 13 ram
5.7 400 stroker in california
with custom huge cam
step 2 colder plugs for nos
and oem 6.4 fuel injectors etc.....

got pulled over for loud exhaust and modified emission device

27150 loud exhaust

27156 modified smog device

cannot get an officer sign off have to take to state ref to it smoged removed long tubes intake nitrous and any other visual performance part under the hood kept cam ofcourse thats internal

took to referee did not pass or fail need to fix my issue and take it back not doin so will not be able to register my truck in ca state so the only problem im having and that is beena pita is my fuel monitor system is not. coming on so that wont pass smog i need to pass remember state re is not somewere i could just walk in negotiate and pay to get passed no state ref dont work that way so anyways

where can i start searching for my problem no cel light nothing looks missplaced looks normal so where do i start something is goin on that is causing the fuel monitor sysyem not to start watt i have no idea 6.4 injectors plugs? tune? need help on getting this issue fix so i can pass a simple smog test stock fuel pump

Attachments

• 20170724_181857.jpg
    20170724_181857.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 44

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So - Are you looking to just get it smoged in Ca? Or do you need to go back to a ref? I live in one of the few county"s left in California where you only have to smog when u buy or sell...as far as the code goes- May want to check with a good reputable shop or maybe a aftermarket tuner can "fix the code"?

When I went to sell my chevy I fcked up and cleared the codes before smog- only had 1 - But it wouldn't pass smog - Had to put 200 miles on it before it would pass smog - Gotta love CA

Last edited:
OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So - Are you looking to just get it smoged in Ca? Or do you need to go back to a ref? I live in one of the few county"s left in California where you only have to smog when u buy or sell...as far as the code goes- May want to check with a good reputable shop or maybe a aftermarket tuner can "fix the code"?

When I went to sell my chevy I fcked up and cleared the codes before smog- only had 1 - But it wouldn't pass smog - Had to put 200 miles on it before it would pass smog - Gotta love CA

i need to go back to state ref if it would be regular smog trust me i would have done that long ago but state ref aint that friendly... and i do not have check engine light that code that im talking about is the police code from the actual citation

everything is good to go except the fuel monitor system doesnt want to engage so by not turning on i would not pads smog test

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I am trying to understand - So it's failing because of a fuel issue?? But there are no codes? Here is what I would do- Call Sean at hemi fever or jay at jay greene - Tell them ur situation and see if they can some how "Write a tune that will turn it on for you " so you can load the tune - Get it smogged" - then simply unload the tune- my best guess is that - OR get buddy buddy with a service writer and a tech at a dodge dealer and see what they can come up with. I imagine the " Fuel monitor system" is something a that 1 of the 2 guys I posted above may know more about .

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i need to go back to state ref if it would be regular smog trust me i would have done that long ago but state ref aint that friendly... and i do not have check engine light that code that im talking about is the police code from the actual citation

everything is good to go except the fuel monitor system doesnt want to engage so by not turning on i would not pads smog test

I am assuming the truck has been tuned since your running a bigger cam and long tubes. Are you are talking about a emission monitor not running or your MDS is not engaging? Either way it may have been tuned out via a tuner. Have you tried to flash a stock tune file back on to the pcm?

Last edited:

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my problem with emissions monitors not running turned out to be a tune issue in my 05 ram. did this same setup pass before?

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my problem with emissions monitors not running turned out to be a tune issue in my 05 ram. did this same setup pass before?

well i never took it to smog vs i bought truck brand new 2013 so i dont need to smog until 2018 but sheriffs got ahead of themselves and sent me to the referee toget ot smoged

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am assuming the truck has been tuned since your running a bigger cam and long tubes. Are you are talking about a emission monitor not running or your MDS is not engaging? Either way it may have been tuned out via a tuner. Have you tried to flash a stock tune file back on to the pcm?

cant flash it back to stock running a stroker engine with cam so it needs the tune for the engine or else it wont run right on stock tune

i got. non mds lifters

talk to tuner nothings is off on his end he enabled stuff thati needes for emission like cats 02 sensor etc but nothing for fuel

and the fuel monitor system is not coming on

and im talking about emission fuel monitor system... not mds i dont care about mds

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Sell the truck out of state, or better yet move out of this ******* **** hole, and better yet grab a bunch of guys and take down the state capital. You should have known better honestly, the politics here are hell. Fkin governor wants to tax cow farts and you think you can soup up a new hemi, cmon man? If that is what you want, go pre-smog 1975. let me know when we are rushing the Capital.

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
cant flash it back to stock running a stroker engine with cam so it needs the tune for the engine or else it wont run right on stock tune

i got. non mds lifters

talk to tuner nothings is off on his end he enabled stuff thati needes for emission like cats 02 sensor etc but nothing for fuel

and the fuel monitor system is not coming on

and im talking about emission fuel monitor system... not mds i dont care about mds

If your tuner has everything enabled,"then I have no idea. I was just throwing around some ideas. Thank god I don't have to worry about stupid s*** like this (emissions). I hope you get it figured out man and can get your truck back on the road. :favorites13:

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
ya my dealer did a update on pcm update in feb so it never ran right all year now ! now go figure no problems for 10 years doing smog in California ! but now wont pass told drive it everyday get 50 more miles on it come back ! WtF nothing works to get pcm work with oxygen sensors it doesnt see them really nice one dodge ! found out dodge messed it up and auto dodge Roseville wants 200.00 to test it sadly ! well trying my smog peoples to try and fix now or well replace my pcm last resort ! any idea s what u all wood do just replace pcm ? so if I pull wires on sensor run 2 times then wait put them back on it would reset it maybe ?

Last edited:

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
and better yet grab a bunch of guys and take down the state capital. let me know when we are rushing the Capital.

Just to be super clear when you say "take down the state capitol" and "rushing the capital".

What do you mean exactly?

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get an app called OBDFusion. It has in the diagnostic part the “Monitors” that need to be set. Run the app and see which ones are not set. You may have to reinstall the tune then do what they call a drive cycle. Do them until all the monitors are set to pass in the app. Then go to the smog guys.

I had 2 monitors not set and ended up I had a bad O2 sensor but was not throwing a code. Weird but I swapped and the “Monitors” all said pass.

Took the truck down and it passed. I have a cam tune as well but have stock cats and shorties. MDS is gone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
a month ago when i was in laguna i saw the noise signs must be a new thing

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Get an app called OBDFusion. It has in the diagnostic part the “Monitors” that need to be set. Run the app and see which ones are not set. You may have to reinstall the tune then do what they call a drive cycle. Do them until all the monitors are set to pass in the app. Then go to the smog guys.

I had 2 monitors not set and ended up I had a bad O2 sensor but was not throwing a code. Weird but I swapped and the “Monitors” all said pass.

Took the truck down and it passed. I have a cam tune as well but have stock cats and shorties. MDS is gone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yes thanks cant get 02 sensors to reset so smog guy is doing it something I want to see wish could do my self ! thanks

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
If your tuner has everything enabled,"then I have no idea. I was just throwing around some ideas. Thank god I don't have to worry about stupid s*** like this (emissions). I hope you get it figured out man and can get your truck back on the road. :favorites13:
yaaa crapola California it passes smog air is good but cuz wont read it not passing who cares what it reads right ? they need to take California smog crap away and go have Nevada smog right !

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
so i have a 13 ram
5.7 400 stroker in california
with custom huge cam
step 2 colder plugs for nos
and oem 6.4 fuel injectors etc.....

got pulled over for loud exhaust and modified emission device

27150 loud exhaust

27156 modified smog device

cannot get an officer sign off have to take to state ref to it smoged removed long tubes intake nitrous and any other visual performance part under the hood kept cam ofcourse thats internal

took to referee did not pass or fail need to fix my issue and take it back not doin so will not be able to register my truck in ca state so the only problem im having and that is beena pita is my fuel monitor system is not. coming on so that wont pass smog i need to pass remember state re is not somewere i could just walk in negotiate and pay to get passed no state ref dont work that way so anyways

where can i start searching for my problem no cel light nothing looks misplaced looks normal so where do i start something is goin on that is causing the fuel monitor system not to start watt i have no idea 6.4 injectors plugs? tune? need help on getting this issue fix so i can pass a simple smog test stock fuel pump
they have a recall on fuel pump relay see on utube its in the circuit broad dumb dodge right ! maybe its cutting off and on also feb they did a bs update on on my pcm been screwed up badly all summer ! mine is all screwed wont pass smog but doesn't see oxson 02 sensors crap right ! so hoping smog guy can fix it ! or may just replace ecm if still goes on ! hate California !