Cai tuner cat back exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anybody know what kind of hp you'd get outta a K&N colt air intake, cat back exhaust and a tuner ? Reason I'm asking this is cause I gotta stay under a certain hp or insurance won't cover me

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anybody know what kind of hp you'd get outta a K&N CAI, cat back exhaust and a hemi fever tuner ?

I dont, but I will say there are much better intakes for these trucks than K&N. Check out S&B or Vararam intakes.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont, but I will say there are much better intakes for these trucks than K&N. Check out S&B or Vararam intakes.
Looks like I'll have to sell my K&N had got it from a buddy half price that he only used 5 months I feel stupid but I looked for vararam cai and couldn't find anything besides ones that sat on your engine like the old days are those the ones your talking about ?

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like I'll have to sell my K&N had got it from a buddy half price that he only used 5 months I feel stupid but I looked for vararam cai and couldn't find anything besides ones that sat on your engine like the old days are those the ones your talking about ?

Yep, guys seem to love them. I'm not saying the K&N is bad, I just know guys on the forum love the intakes I listed.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your insurance company is gonna have a hard time knowing how much hp your truck makes. As far as they are concern tell them the motor is stock if u have to tell them anything at all. The varam intake is a great intake. Pairing it with a Diablo tuner with a hemi fever or jay greene tune and a cat back exhaust is a good start. You will definitely notice the difference in power.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your insurance company is gonna have a hard time knowing how much hp your truck makes. As far as they are concern tell them the motor is stock if u have to tell them anything at all. The varam intake is a great intake. Pairing it with a Diablo tuner with a hemi fever or jay greene tune and a cat back exhaust is a good start. You will definitely notice the difference in power.
they think my truck is stock but I got a leveling kit I'm just thinking if I ever had to make a claim is there a way they'd find out I have this and that done

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reason I'm asking this is cause I gotta stay under a certain hp or insurance won't cover me

Wow. Lol...

and which ins company is this may I ask?

Those three upgrades together would be lucky to put 40hp to the ground. I can see an insurance co possibly giving someone a hard time about replacement of after market components after an accident. Opposed to replacing with oem. But an ins co denying you coverage because of marginal hp increases from simple bolt ons...thats fairly laughable.

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. Lol...

and which ins company is this may I ask?

Those three upgrades together would be lucky to put 40hp to the ground. I can see an insurance co possibly giving someone a hard time about replacement of after market components after an accident. Opposed to replacing with oem. But an ins co denying you coverage because of marginal hp increases from simple bolt ons...thats fairly laughable.
TD insurance im in Canada

OP
OP
A

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
which is better jay Greene or hemi fever

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
which is better jay Greene or hemi fever

Well validating the claim that canadian insurance companies must routinely strap you to a dyno to make sure this 430 bhp monster is still safe for transportation on public roads ;due to the immense amount of horsepower added by the above.....you should try them both and let us know.

Last edited:

Pntyrmvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^ WTF?

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."