CAI's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llPROPAGANDA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have always been a GM guy. I bought a new Silverado 1500 in 2013, and just traded it on a new 2017 Ram 1500...my dog what an upgrade. Should've made the switch years ago. With this being my first dodge I have a few questions. I have the 3.6 and would like to make some performance upgrades. From what I've read and seen on YouTube most exhausts atleast the one I'm interested in is cross compatible between the 5.7 and the 3.6. My question is about cold air intakes (I know the gains are highly debatable but I'd still like to install one) Are the CAI's designed for the 5.7 compatible with the 3.6? If I have to make some minor modifications that's no problem. I've found some K&Ns designed for the 3.6 but the ones I'm interested look like they are all for a hemi. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And welcome...! And congrats on the new truck! Welcome aboard and welcome to RAM!

OP
OP
L

llPROPAGANDA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thank you for the replies, and the warm welcome. I am so happy I made the decision to switch. I was looking for something a little more aesthetically pleasing than the K&N setup. SB makes a really sharp looking intake but they only have models that fit the hemi and eco diesel so I was hoping through some minor modification I could get one of those bad boys to fit. as of now, it seems KN is one of the few putting out a CAI for the Pentastar in a ram. I was thinking about maybe using the plumbing from the kn kit and the air box from SB kit. didn't know if that would be a viable option. I always used KN in my Chevy's and I know they're quality products but as I said as far as aethetics they're sort of

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Welcome aboard!

If you can get a Volant or S&B style CAI to work, their enclosed/encased filters are better than K&N's open style, and not just aesthetically. Not that the gains may be noticeable, but pulling cooler air from outside the car has to better than pulling in hot engine air.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer the K&N that was listed above. If you would like a quote with your Forum discount shoot me a PM with your shipping address.

im trying to see if anyone else offers one but i havent had any luck finding one yet for the V6. if you find one you like over the K&N, shoot me over the part number and I'll see what i can do

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Welcome aboard!

If you can get a Volant or S&B style CAI to work, their enclosed/encased filters are better than K&N's open style, and not just aesthetically. Not that the gains may be noticeable, but pulling cooler air from outside the car has to better than pulling in hot engine air.
^^^X2
Open design CAIs are just noise makers. They don't seal adequately against the underside of the hood and suck hot engine air while at idle and on initial acceleration (i.e. off the line). Some of them also make tooth rattling throttle noise that is a conversation and music killer under acceleration.

An enclosed unit is the way to go IMO. They draw through the right fender like factory, but have larger filter and smooth intake tube that replaces OEM flex house which is turbulent. They also look good under the hood.