California compliant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just bought a 2017 power wagon, looking to do some mods however California sucks. I see the K&N 77 isn't legal yet and I haven't been able to find any information on if or when or how the process on getting signed off. Looking to get a little better performance out of the 6.4 hemi. So far a magnaflow exhaust is the only thing I can do. Any ideas or help would be fantastic!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in cali also, basically the only thing you can do is give Cali the middle finger and go take a dump on the capital stairs in protest...

But far as I know you shouldn't be up for a smog for 5 years with a brand vehicle, just keep your OEM stuff and swap out the non commy-legal parts when you are required to smog.

Or find a shop that doesn't ask questions ....

Oh and good luck getting alot of parts suppliers to ship parts.. They won't Summit being one of them.... Bunch of horse**** if you ask me!!!!

Last edited:

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the AFE intake and it has a CARB sticker. There are JBA shorties which I have that have CARB sticker. Then any muffler will work, and I have a Trinity I just set to stock and remove from the truck for smog :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
D

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Your best solution is to leave the state. Soon the state of California itself will be illegal if they keep going with their ****** bs.

8e8cc5f8f8542ac0052064a26c966e88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh trust me I wish, I lived in Colorado for 9 years but the job I got here in cali is allowing me to own a brand new ram power wagon lol as soon as I pay this off and save a **** ton I'll move back hahaha

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear california wants to succeed from the U.S. sounds good to me ill just tell my parents to move to Nevada lol

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Your best solution is to leave the state. Soon the state of California itself will be illegal if they keep going with their ****** bs.

8e8cc5f8f8542ac0052064a26c966e88.jpg

that's a 30 caliber magazine clip. it can disburse 30 bullets in half a second... 30 magazine clip in half a second....

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It isn't that hard to go back and forth if you feel like running that, but why not just use a CIA that is CARB?

Feli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"I'm in cali also, basically the only thing you can do is give Cali the middle finger"

This

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear california wants to succeed from the U.S. sounds good to me ill just tell my parents to move to Nevada lol

This would be a bad thing for all if it actually happened..... Most big ****ies I men cities want this, but the state overall per acre doesn't and knows and understands why.... I'll stop there to not turn this political... but end with the big populated cities are full of F-tards screwing it up for the rest of us with a brain.

It isn't that hard to go back and forth if you feel like running that, but why not just use a CIA that is CARB?

For me the Vararam isn't CARB legal.... that's why for me... cant speak for others though.. Either way I'm hoping that alot of current events in Cali open a few peoples eyes and the pendulum swings the other way and ARB and CARB and the EPA get the wind knocked out of them and some of these BS illegal regulations that have been passed get tossed out

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
CA is a nightmare coming, is someone blew up the capital and I was on his jury = NOT GUILTY.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really shouldn't complain. I just moved to the Denver area. Soon I'll have to go thru emissions testing.
I hear stories about people failing because of a damn exhaust leak. How does a leak cause a vehicle to fail a sniffer test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
in CA they don't even fugging check now because running the car creates too many greenhouse gases, lol. They start it and if it doesn't present any problems they look under the hood and charge you 60 bucks. A true racket.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in CA they don't even fugging check now because running the car creates too many greenhouse gases, lol. They start it and if it doesn't present any problems they look under the hood and charge you 60 bucks. A true racket.

60 is cheap..... the sad thing is the shop only sees about $10-15 from that test, they actually loose money if an independent shop like my buddies. he pays his tech more an hour than he makes on the smog.

And your right, on vehicles equipped with OBD2 computers they plug it in, if the ECM clears all system checks then it passes, visual inspection pending... It really is a racket, especially in 2010 when they implemented diesel smogs, there never was a sniff test, and they passed a law in 2010 that forced 1998 and newer vehicles to be tested and have CARB compliant parts that didn't exist cause NON-CARB parts were legal for installation... so over night they made thousands and thousands of trucks illegal and forced them to either do a illegal hot smog or go back to stock... It was illegal as all can be but somehow they magically do it cause of the tree hugging f-tards in this state... I gotta be careful or I'll type stuff that will get me kicked off the forum :roflsquared:
Fought them years and the only good thing was SEMA extended me a invitation to SEMA in 2009 for being a member of SAN (SEMA Action Network )

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi guys last week i got a message from diablo sport stating their in tune 2 got approved to ship to california good news for people in the golden state

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lucky me, my dad lives in Arizona where just about anything goes. I order stuff to his house, he ships to me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm in California also just north of Marin County where all the liberal prius driving deusch bags are. Smog and gun laws suck here. If it wasn't for the great geography, girls and bay area Music this place would be a total loss.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do smog techs actually look for CARB codes on the cats? I might have both cats bad on my truck and if I replace them I'm just going to do full cats and everything back. There are a few replacement cats that should work fine to pass numbers wise but they are not "CARB" legal. What are my chances they ask for the CARB #'s?

It's the difference of a $600 cat vs $200-300 cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro