Cam swap issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alextapia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I installed a stage one can and now my truck won't run right if I get a trinity with custom tune will that fix my problem?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am pretty sure a cam requires a custom tune- some one will chime in soon- Who did u get the " stage 1" cam from? did they not mention a tuner? Did you ask what all was need for the install??

OP
OP
A

Alextapia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am pretty sure a cam requires a custom tune- some one will chime in soon- Who did u get the " stage 1" cam from? did they not mention a tuner? Did you ask what all was need for the install??

I got it from comp cams and they first said I just needed valve springs and a phase limiter, every time I turn around they keep saying something else so I was just looking around see what I could find

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You'll need a custom tune. Both Hemifever and Greene Racing along with a couple others can write one for you, you'll need to buy a an InTune DCX or a Trinity to download your stock tune and send it to them. And to load the custom tune file they write for you.

I've never cam'd a 4th gen, do they not required pushrods at the same time?

OP
OP
A

Alextapia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll need a custom tune. Both Hemifever and Greene Racing along with a couple others can write one for you, you'll need to buy a an InTune DCX or a Trinity to download your stock tune and send it to them. And to load the custom tune file they write for you.

I've never cam'd a 4th gen, do they not required pushrods at the same time?

Thank you sir, and would it be easier for me to do it or should I go to a performance shop? And they never said anything about me needing them, and my mechanic said mine looked fine so I don't know

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Like the others have said, you will need custom tuning to make the truck run properly. I just installed ported heads and a bigger cam in my 2011 2 weeks ago, and it drives like stock with my Hemifever tune.

Do you have a tuner on the truck at all right now?

OP
OP
A

Alextapia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I haven't bought one yet I just have the truck parked right now till I get the tuner

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Just buy a Diablo urself and contact a customer tuner online. The whole process can be done online. Just gotta throw more money at it!

I was only asking about the rods cuz on my 3rd gen hemi they were right on the edge of acceptable length for my cam so i replaced em rather than risk it. Never done a 4th gen or researched it so I don't know.

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Interested to see if this cam performs with a custom tune...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am sure it will... to what extent I fear we will truly never know.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
I believe if you buy a trinity from moes performance it comes with custom tuning from hemifever