can Flahpaq be completely removed from truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Litew8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
truck is stuck at work, think a rocker arm came apart. Do i need to worry about taking it off. and if so i returned it to stock but it still has info on it. thanks:banghead:

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dealers can check how many times the computer has been flashed, so even if returned to stock they'll be able to tell you had it tuned.

OP
OP
Litew8

Litew8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Buddy told me to unplug battery and leave off . He did on is diesel and it forgot the tuner.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You can remove the tune but your pcm will show it was flashed but it won't show what was there. If they are cool they won't dig around and see if you have had any flashes from the dealership

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buddy told me to unplug battery and leave off . He did on is diesel and it forgot the tuner.

The Computer will still show that it has been flashed. You can remove the tune and set it back to stock but they can still tell that it had been tuned. There's no way around that. Depends on your dealer if they care or not, some will deny any work because of a tuner, others don't really care.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
They only check the computer if there is a problem in the OBD system. If you go in for a recall on a ball joint, that's all they do. They don't get curious and plug into it.

It all still depends on the dealer too I guess. I would think with a stock looking truck they wouldn't bother you.

Z-Rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They only check the computer if there is a problem in the OBD system. If you go in for a recall on a ball joint, that's all they do. They don't get curious and plug into it.

It all still depends on the dealer too I guess. I would think with a stock looking truck they wouldn't bother you.

This may not be completely true. Whenever I pull into my dealership's service bay, the first thing they do when I get out is plug in there handheld scanner to the obd port. It then transfers all info on the truck to there service write up area along with owner info in the system based on VIN number.

I had my rig in for a SEL and before I could say a word they said "You are in for a SEL, multi cylinder misfire. Any other issues at this time?" Don't know if it's normal practice but mine automatically pulls info out of the obd port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
True, there's a chance. It's still risky whenever you tune your truck and then bring it too the dealer for work.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
This may not be completely true. Whenever I pull into my dealership's service bay, the first thing they do when I get out is plug in there handheld scanner to the obd port.

This is what my dealer does too. Even with oil changes, they plug into the OBD. That's how they catch the updates for the recalls, at least in my experience.

OP
OP
Litew8

Litew8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Sure truck was dropped off at the dealer on Monday. First tow truck driver said my truck was too big for his rollback. Hope to hear something by Friday.

OP
OP
Litew8

Litew8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Not word yet. Took them over a two days to take the heads off. Well what they told me. Lol.

coleflo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not word yet. Took them over a two days to take the heads off. Well what they told me. Lol.

Damn that sucks.

Must be nerve racking.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
If they got the heads off and haven't asked about the tuner that might be a good sign. Good luck.

OP
OP
Litew8

Litew8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Well, cylinder 7 snapped the piston rod. Not sure of the damage to the top end but my guess it bad. Ordering new long block. Nothing said about tuner

coleflo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Still waiting to hear warranty approved it

Sounds like you're going to be fine....unless Chrysler tells the dealer to send them the pcm.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Op,

They have to tell you that they will be charging you BEFORE they start the work unless you signed something that relieves them of that responsibility. At least that was my understanding. They cannot do any work unless you authorize it.

preachp