Can install! Any ideas and help wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ndziy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys just signed up for this forum about 5 minutes ago and I'm already looking to lose my post-ginity. So long story short I've decided to start building my truck. It is a 2013 ram sport and it is a QC. I have already started the process of losing unessisary weight but I can go more in to depth if you guys want to know more. Long story short my eye has been swayed away from a SC and more towards the cam specifically the comp cam 273, does anyone have any experience with the install of this cam would it be wise to direct myself to a certain brand of extra components in regards to valve springs push rods and retainers? And also would any transmission work have to be done? ( And yes I know not to WOT on 4 I try to stay away from the higher gears as a whole when doing a pull

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Don't get the 273, it's not a truck friendly cam unless it's for dedicated drag truck with a high stall converter. I would highly recommend talking to a cam profiler like Jay Greene or Modern Muscle. Springs you'll want PSI 1511s, stock retainers, and the Comp locators. I put a how-to together for 4th gen cams if you want to have a read through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ndziy

Ndziy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't get the 273, it's not a truck friendly cam unless it's for dedicated drag truck with a high stall converter. I would highly recommend talking to a cam profiler like Jay Greene or Modern Muscle. Springs you'll want PSI 1511s, stock retainers, and the Comp locators. I put a how-to together for 4th gen cams if you want to have a read through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey so sorry for the reply is has been hectic and yes thank you i will have to check out your thread on the how too. and i kinda figured that the 273 would be a little much just by looking at the numbers i think a 268 or 260 would be the best. i do have the quad cab but i do have a lot of the weight taken out for a quad cab