Carven on a 6.4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Racerx26

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will be louder and when the truck hits MDS you will probably get some drone at around 1800 RPM or so.

I turned off MDS and have no reso on my single Magnaflow. I get a small amount of drone at that RPM when cruising down the freeway.
Will it effect the tone of the exhaust? I'm mainly worried about it being raspy in the higher rpm range

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It will be different from stock for sure. Have you looked at any of their videos? That will give you a good idea of how it sounds.

Here is their YouTube channel:

Carven YouTube Channel

Last edited:
OP
OP
Racerx26

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay guys, I ordered a 3 inch R series during their black Friday sale, so once it comes in I'll be taking it to the exhaust shop and getting it installed, I'm going to have them do 3 inch after the muffler with dual 45's! I also just got my 35's in so once I get everything done I'll report back with pics and videos for everyone!

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Okay guys, I ordered a 3 inch R series during their black Friday sale, so once it comes in I'll be taking it to the exhaust shop and getting it installed, I'm going to have them do 3 inch after the muffler with dual 45's! I also just got my 35's in so once I get everything done I'll report back with pics and videos for everyone!

About damn time lol been waiting months for this moment!

OP
OP
Racerx26

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to get the tires out of the way first, I had some stuff come up that set me back a few times and lord knows those cooper's aren't cheap! But it's all set now and now I get to play the waiting game! Trust me I'm chomping at the bit to get this done lol

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had to get the tires out of the way first, I had some stuff come up that set me back a few times and lord knows those cooper's aren't cheap! But it's all set now and now I get to play the waiting game! Trust me I'm chomping at the bit to get this done lol

Lol just messin with ya, life happens. Just lookin forward to hearin it on a 6.4 ram cause it sounds damn good on the 5.7's. I heard it on a 6.4 challenger and it sounded beastly but that's not quite the same as a ram lol

OP
OP
Racerx26

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol just messin with ya, life happens. Just lookin forward to hearin it on a 6.4 ram cause it sounds damn good on the 5.7's. I heard it on a 6.4 challenger and it sounded beastly but that's not quite the same as a ram lol
Trust me I'm super excited for this, especially because I also just bought a trinity last night as well

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You mean it ain't on yet???? :shakehead:

J/K...looking forward to reading your impressions and hearing what it sounds like.

OP
OP
Racerx26

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay I have the appointment set up for this Thursday, it's taken wayyyyy too long for this lol. I have a question for you guys though, my plan was to do dual 3 inch pipes after the muffler, but the guy at the exhaust shop said I'd probably be better off going with 2.5 inch, what's your opinions? And what differences would there be between the two options

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone here thought about putting a carven muffler on their 6.4? I like how they sound on the 1500's so I can only imagine how they would sound on a 6.4. I'm between carven, mufflex, and flowmaster super 40. I'm not a fan of the sound of MagnaFlow at all. I'm really itching to have this thing sound awesome soon!

My opinion would be a fm super 44

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

caron11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I already bought a carven r series 3 inch, getting it installed Thursday
Lol sorry i didnt read all 3 pages before i posted but cant w8 to hear the carven

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Racerx26

Racerx26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
https://youtu.be/FV6UKnw8iLY

Sorry for the delay on this! All I have for now is this video, it's kind of poor quality but man is this thing LOUD!! I'll try to get better videos soon! This is also after I got the Jay Greene custom tune done as well

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963