Carven progressive or competitor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn it, exhaust and tips arrived. One of the tips next to the Carven etching has a chip in the ceramic coating about half size of a dime!!!!! Should i return them, turn it upside down or have them powder coated for free?

They have great customer service. I'm sure if you wanted to you could get them exchanged.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
They have great customer service. I'm sure if you wanted to you could get them exchanged.
I agree wholeheartedly. And I'd be willing to bet that the damage was caused by the handlers at the shipping place. Moe's sent me my vararam and it was in pristine condition.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn it, exhaust and tips arrived. One of the tips next to the Carven etching has a chip in the ceramic coating about half size of a dime!!!!! Should i return them, turn it upside down or have them powder coated for free?

As stated above, contact them and have them switched out. I initially ordered the competitor, changed my mind and they exchanged it for the progressive series. Even covered the shipping to me. So it shouldn't be a problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad I started reading the forums again (my wife and bank account may not agree)

So I've had a Borla XR1 muffler I was gunna have a local shop make into a mufflex/carven type bolt on for me.

Well that was before I knew about this Carven progressive. So now I'm thinking perhaps my recent moving and reason why installing the Borla has been delayed a couple months is all a good thing because I love the sound of the Carven.

I have an 18month old kid and another on the way in about a month. I also work a job where I am on call throughout the night for emergencies about 7-10 days a month. So while I think the competitor sounds amazing it may be a little much for daily driving and family trips. Not to mention don't wanna wake the kids when I start the truck at 2am to warm up and leave.

Another bonus is since I have a rebel with black bumpers I like the idea of Carven black ceramic 5" tips rather than Moe's 5" chrome tips I had planned on using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad I started reading the forums again (my wife and bank account may not agree)

So I've had a Borla XR1 muffler I was gunna have a local shop make into a mufflex/carven type bolt on for me.

Well that was before I knew about this Carven progressive. So now I'm thinking perhaps my recent moving and reason why installing the Borla has been delayed a couple months is all a good thing because I love the sound of the Carven.

I have an 18month old kid and another on the way in about a month. I also work a job where I am on call throughout the night for emergencies about 7-10 days a month. So while I think the competitor sounds amazing it may be a little much for daily driving and family trips. Not to mention don't wanna wake the kids when I start the truck at 2am to warm up and leave.

Another bonus is since I have a rebel with black bumpers I like the idea of Carven black ceramic 5" tips rather than Moe's 5" chrome tips I had planned on using.

Congrats on your 2nd child.

sounds like the progressive with the black tips would be the perfect setup for your Rebel!

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks!

photonburst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the idea of Carven black ceramic 5" tips rather than Moe's 5" chrome tips I had planned on using.

Congrats on the growing family.

On my lightly modded truck, the sonic difference between 4" and 5" on the progressive was very noticeable. Even at start up. Try them both for sure, but the WAF might have a swing vote.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the growing family.

On my lightly modded truck, the sonic difference between 4" and 5" on the progressive was very noticeable. Even at start up. Try them both for sure, but the WAF might have a swing vote.

I'll keep that in mind. How been thinking start with muffler and add tips later if needed or wanted a touch louder. But I do like the deeper tone with 5" tips and how they fill out the black bumper more

Dodge This

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'll keep that in mind. How been thinking start with muffler and add tips later if needed or wanted a touch louder. But I do like the deeper tone with 5" tips and how they fill out the black bumper more

This is exactly what I'm doing. Got my tracking number for my Carven progressive today. Will look at doing 5" tips later maybe...they almost cost as much as the muffler! :wtf2:

Dhill29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to buy the carven r exhaust, not sure though. I also want to buy the pedal commander. Which one should I get?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I would buy the exhaust first , But my throttle is plenty sensitive if it was any more it would be stupid to drive as it is if I stop on a gravel road I cant even get it to move without spinning tires, pretty much the same on wet pavement.

kylekap19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run the competitor with a drone suppression pipe ... it's perfect

Bjtoile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Installed Carven Progressive a few days ago and have to say, I love the sound of my Ram now! I'm glad that I didn't go with the Competitor as the Progressive is plenty loud - I feel like I would be obnoxious with anything louder.

I do have to say though, the drone at 1500rpm is almost unbearable. I took my first trip out of the city limits the other day and traveling at 70mph almost caused me to lose my mind. Otherwise, there is no drone at any other rpm which is excellent for most of my driving.

The only time I've experienced the helicopter sounds with MDS is when driving in 4/5 gear around town. I kick it off, and everything goes back to sounding great. MDS at higher speeds doesn't affect the sound/drone as best I can tell.

Overall, I love the choice and would do it again - but I'd sure like to get rid of that excessive drone at 1500rpm without having to cut my pipe to apply the J pipe fix.