Carven progressive or competitor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is what I like to hear. Mine will be here tomorrow! I am adding the 5" tips also. Wife isn't too happy, so hoping it isn't crazy loud, and won't upset the neighbors. Ordered the progressive. From what it sounds like, seems to be like a scat pack challenger type sound almost.

Mine wasnt to happy. She hated my old car... it screamed lol

thisgr8ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My wife likes it cause its really load on start up, and when on the throttle, but calm otherwise, ( just hard not to be on the GO pedal now lol) Please let me know your thoughts once you get yours. Like i said i love mine and glad i didn't pick anything else.

I also did the S&B cold air and throttle body from moes, installed all at once so not sure if that made any sound changes to the carven ? Dought it though

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have that intake too. So we should sound about the same when I install mine Monday

OP
OP
W

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
that intake is next on my list.oil filter or dry?

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really nice reading here...I think I am going to go with the Progressive on mine...Don't want to deal with any drone.

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really nice reading here...I think I am going to go with the Progressive on mine...Don't want to deal with any drone.

I have the progressive, glad I got that because it's definitely loud enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it obnoxiously loud tho?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nope, it has a perfect throaty sound and mildly aggressive cold startup. That's why I bought it, didn't want to be "that guy" with an annoying loud exhaust going to work at midnight in a neighborhood full of million dollar houses.

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, it has a perfect throaty sound and mildly aggressive cold startup. That's why I bought it, didn't want to be "that guy" with an annoying loud exhaust going to work at midnight in a neighborhood full of million dollar houses.

Well I don't have to worry about the million dollar homes [emoji87]

I just don't want drone and in cab noise on highway. I have no issue with loud as long as not in the cab.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you get a little drone in the cab, but I think your going to get drone with any exhaust using MDS. I put my truck in manual 8th gear when I drive to keep MDS shut off.

16ramsport57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where are you guys ordering from? I want to find the cheapest place shipped to order from!

TBirch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the carven competitor from eBay, I was worried about in cab drone while hauling around the kids and wife but it's not bad at all if you keep your foot out of it, it growls as soon as you step on the pedal. Let's just say this I had it installed yesterday and haven't turned my radio on yet:happy107:

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where are you guys ordering from? I want to find the cheapest place shipped to order from!

The eBay seller is very good but charges sales tax to some states. Also when carven was back ordered the eBay seller had stock and shipped same day. I got my exhaust weeks before other people who ordered directly from carven.

G3SRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
progressive by itself is pretty loud but not obnoxious; love its deep sounde. if you will be doing other exhaust or power mods, like headers, the competitor will end up being be too loud

OP
OP
W

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am ordering progressive monday. just hope it is what I am thinking as far as noise and sound.

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am ordering progressive monday. just hope it is what I am thinking as far as noise and sound.

You'll like it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye