Carven Progressive Exhaust Drivability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondering if anyone else had any drivability issues after installing the carven exhaust or any other exhaust for that matter. My truck seemed to have no power and seemed as it was always searching for the right gear. I had it on for about 20 miles and removed it and went back to stock and my truck is back to normal.

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Carven Competitor series and I have it on about 3 weeks. No changes in my drivability except for now I mash the gas more..

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've not heard of any problems. You could try disconnecting the battery for a bit so the computer resets and see if that helps things. Or, if you decide to dump the Carven, let me know, i'll take it off your hands.

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
9 months plus with my Carven progressive, and no driveablity issues. I do reset the tuner roughly every 2 months, not sure if that makes any difference.....

Granite-1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No issues here either after 2 months. I think what you're describing I might have noticed as well, but what I've come to think after multiple cars with aftermarket exhaust is that it always feels like you have no power. The reason being that you hear the exhaust because it's quite louder than it was before, so your mind thinks you should be going faster than you are. As far as the searching for the right gear, I've noticed something like that but again it's just from the shifts being more noticable from the louder exhaust, you can hear what's going on more than you used to be able to. Hope this helps!

H8Train

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Carven Competitor series and I have it on about 3 weeks. No changes in my drivability except for now I mash the gas more..

Same except I have the progressive.

OP
OP
14blackouthemi

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It wasn't your exhaust if those were your symptoms

I find it funny that I put the exhaust on and the truck acts differently, took it off and seems like everything returned to normal.

Just want to say its not my first hemi or first vehicle with exhaust.

I've owned three other hemi rams, and a 04.5 Cummins ram so I have a pretty good hold on how the truck should perform.

I just wanted to see if anyone had similar symptom's.

OP
OP
14blackouthemi

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No issues here either after 2 months. I think what you're describing I might have noticed as well, but what I've come to think after multiple cars with aftermarket exhaust is that it always feels like you have no power. The reason being that you hear the exhaust because it's quite louder than it was before, so your mind thinks you should be going faster than you are. As far as the searching for the right gear, I've noticed something like that but again it's just from the shifts being more noticable from the louder exhaust, you can hear what's going on more than you used to be able to. Hope this helps!

Could definitely be the reason, for whatever its worth I enjoy the truck without the exhaust better lol I must be getting old. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
the only reason - exhaust is defective and has some restrictions inside. you'd better contact Carven with this matter. Theirs client support is quite good

jboy2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe you just actually hear the shifting now....as opposed to not hearing anything with the stock grandpa exhaust.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, it's on it's way to my house now, so we will see what happens when I put it on my truck.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yep, from one 2014 Black CC to another. just going to have to find the time to put it on when it gets here. i know the install is quick and easy, but finding even 30 minutes can be a challenge with the way things have been going lately.

OP
OP
14blackouthemi

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, from one 2014 Black CC to another. just going to have to find the time to put it on when it gets here. i know the install is quick and easy, but finding even 30 minutes can be a challenge with the way things have been going lately.

I hear that, I normally try to do quick projects while my wife is feeding the kids dinner. Haha this is what my life as come to! Just put a rag or something on the passenger tailpipe tip, that one comes out of the hanger and hits the ground.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the competitor series and I didn't notice any difference. It was just a hell of lot louder. I had a 2014 Sport that I put a 14" Maggy on and I did feel like I lost bottom end a little....actually a lot people were saying that. Until now, I haven't heard anyone say that after putting a Carven on.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the competitor series and I didn't notice any difference. It was just a hell of lot louder. I had a 2014 Sport that I put a 14" Maggy on and I did feel like I lost bottom end a little....actually a lot people were saying that. Until now, I haven't heard anyone say that after putting a Carven on.

How much louder is the Carven over the 14" Magnaflow

HolyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What kind of drone are you guys seeing with the Comp and Prog exhausts?

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of drone are you guys seeing with the Comp and Prog exhausts?

Tiny bit around 1100-1200 rpms
Helicopter sound in MDS
The drone is almost nonexistent compared to my two previous, quieter Dyno Max Ultra Flo's

G3SRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
0 issues, performance gains were immediate and noticeable