Carven Progressive Exhaust review (pics/vids)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Palifter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just finished installing the progressive system by Carven and thought I'd share my thoughts with the forum. For those that don't know, the progressive system is a full bolt on kit to replace the OEM muffler. They also make a more agressive system called "The competitor". Along with the muffler, I also ordered a set of Carvens 5in black bolt on tips.

First off, the install took about an hour when all said and done. Not too bad at all. I was very impressed with the craftsmanship on all of Carvens parts.

59B6A6E7-AC45-4758-84BB-0482AC3022E9_zpscpoibueo.jpg

AD130646-7CE4-411E-A9EE-E3D63EF5DD9C_zpspgrqwens.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQxOFLoLQU

Note: The new 5in tips are not yet on. I need a new set of clamps for them as I could not get the OEM clamps off.

Overall, I'm very happy with the sound. It actually sounds like a Hemi now! No drone, nothing too loud. If I need more noise later on, I'll just remove the resonators. Highly recommend this kit!

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thanks man tips and exhaust or on my list and I am going progressive. This solidifies my decision.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Does sound good! Notice any drone at all while driving??

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
BigOld Thumbs Up! :happy107:

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just got my progressive on today. Going to have to order some tips to complete the look.

OP
OP
P

Palifter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my progressive on today. Going to have to order some tips to complete the look.

The tips are freaking awesome and massive.

I was so bummed when I realized I couldn't put mine on. Literally no shop around me sold exhuast clamps or was willing to help me cut my stock ones off....

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven sells the clamps. I believe it's an option when you order the muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What other mods do you have on your truck? I'm looking at getting the progressive as well. That sounds amazing.

OP
OP
P

Palifter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What other mods do you have on your truck? I'm looking at getting the progressive as well. That sounds amazing.

Truck is 100% stock. Something tells me with the larger diameter tips it may sound different too.

photonburst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tossing around getting either the progressive or the competitor. How has the butt dyno changed in your opinion?

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tossing around getting either the progressive or the competitor. How has the butt dyno changed in your opinion?

Yep. Same here. Got a Flowmaster on now but it ain't cutting it. Post video/pictures if you end up getting one of them:happy107:

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Those look good. Do they make ones that are black with a turned down silver edge? I thought I had seen some like that one place or another.

bobbybones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those look good. Do they make ones that are black with a turned down silver edge? I thought I had seen some like that one place or another.

Not sure did a bunch of looking and was only looking for black. It seems to have changed the sound at bit too. All for the better. Only down side is I went with a flow master 40 and wishing I had seen the Carven first.

Next is a BDS lift and wheels and tires