Catch Can connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I searched the hose from the PCV valve to the throttle body.
There is a hose going from the oil filler to the air cleaner, but the pocket in the air cleaner is clean.
Driver side is the vacuum hose for the brake and another thin hose,
passenger side has a thicker hose coming from the rear of the engine and enters the throttle body on the bottom.
Is the pink marked hose in the attached picture the PCV hose where to install the catch can?

If so, could it be that the square box with a plug above is some kind of a oil separator? If not, what is the purpose of it?

Chris

Attachments

• PCVHose4.jpg
    PCVHose4.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 187

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Yes the pink hose is the correct hose for the catch can hook up. It comes out of the square box where the pcv is located into catch can and then out of can and into where the other end of the pink hose attached. The black hose come off of the air box and allows fresh air into the crank case.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know the male-to-male barb fitting size that you would use on the billet technologies Catch can? Just bought one used and they guy only sent me one barb. :(

BlakDak71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know the male-to-male barb fitting size that you would use on the billet technologies Catch can? Just bought one used and they guy only sent me one barb. :(

Just take the barb and run to your local hardware store or Home Depot and match it up.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an extra one if you want to just pay shipping. Also, fyi Billet will send you any parts also if you just pay shipping!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RAMTRPR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll go the Home Depot route. Was just hoping someone knew the size off the top of their head so I could run in and out. Tough going tout the store for little things with 3 kiddos lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'll go the Home Depot route. Was just hoping someone knew the size off the top of their head so I could run in and out. Tough going tout the store for little things with 3 kiddos lol.

It's either 3/8" or 1/2". I think it's 1/2".

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

You only need 1 barbed fitting for the throttle body side. You can just slide the hose right over the plastic nipple on the PCV valve. I never use 2 when I install these.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

The upside of the 3 kiddos is that they probably keep you from wandering around and buying **** you don't need---:naughty::naughty:
Jay

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You only need 1 barbed fitting for the throttle body side. You can just slide the hose right over the plastic nipple on the PCV valve. I never use 2 when I install these.
And thats the reason I have an extra one :)

RAMTRPR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need a clamp on PCV side?

RAMTRPR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it was a tight fit on both sides but now having an issue with truck dying at each stop. RPM just drops and won't recover. Thoughts?

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it was a tight fit on both sides but now having an issue with truck dying at each stop. RPM just drops and won't recover. Thoughts?

One of the connections must be loose or there is a hole in one of the hoses.. or perhaps the can bottom isnt connected all the way...