Catch Can And Hill's.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
I got my catch can yesterday from Moe's, should get it installed over the weekend, but something occurred to me.

It will be important to keep this thing under half full when going to my cabin, and other places with steep hills or it will dump into the hoses.

Anybody else have issues with steepness?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I got my catch can yesterday from Moe's, should get it installed over the weekend, but something occurred to me.

It will be important to keep this thing under half full when going to my cabin, and other places with steep hills or it will dump into the hoses.

Anybody else have issues with steepness?
Design has a deep reservoir that would need ~3K miles to get to the tipping point you are thinking of--worrying over nothing.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I empty my catch can every 3K miles, and it only has about 1 inch on oil in it. The only way you would get ant oil to run into the engine, you would have to be almost up side down. So you will be good to go have some fun in the hills.

csu87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport
Engine
youll be fine. On my turbod bmw that actually dumps a good amount of oil into my catch cans, i still can empty it every 5k-7.5k miles when i do my oil change and it doesnt have much in it.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
oh and can I ask, how does one empty the billet can from Moes. I tried twisting the bottom but nothing, can anyone fill in a mech **** on emptying procedures???

Broyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The billet technologies catch can has a seam about an inch and a half down from the top. This seam is a very finely threaded connection between the bottom reservoir and the top part. (beautiful machining). There is an O-ring in the joint. You just need unscrew it. It can be very tight but it will unscrew. Use rubber gloves for a better grip if your hands are slipping.

When you reinstall the catch can, do not tighten it too much. It is a lot harder to remove the reservoir when the catch can is installed and you've tightened it too much. Believe me, I know :)

Last edited:

H8Train

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
oh and can I ask, how does one empty the billet can from Moes. I tried twisting the bottom but nothing, can anyone fill in a mech **** on emptying procedures???

Twist harder, it will come off. Mines a ***** when its hot, lil easier when its had a few to cool off.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Righty tighty, lefty loosey. :crazy:

Grasp the lower section of your catch can when cool. Rotate the lower section as if the top section were being turned counter clockwise (to the left), just like taking out a screw. After about 20 revolutions of the bottom (to the right)in a clockwise direction, that section will come loose in your hand. Carefully align the two sections and repeat in the opposite direction to restore. :naughty:

You may need a towel for grip if it was installed while hot; and hope and pray your installer didn't cross thread the beast :eek:

Last edited: