Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Finally back in town, trying to replace it how the hell do you get it off. It's rotated in such a way I can't see any tabs, but I can tell there isn't a red slide tab like I've seen a few others mention.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The oil pressure sensor usually doesn’t have the red lock tab on the connector. Some do, some don’t, but I haven’t seen one on a newer truck.

You have to depress the black tab on the connector the pull it off. If it’s dirty, squirt some penetrating fluid in it. As well sometimes it helps to push on the connector then press the tab before trying to pull it off.

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another trick for a stubborn tab is to use a stubby flathead to push it down. Just palm the flathead with the blade against the tab and pull off the connector. Just be careful not to damage any wires.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
navyjoe11

navyjoe11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got it right after posting. Realized my oil filter looked dirty as well, turns out my oil filter was mighty loose, damn dealership. Assuming that was most likely the issue vice the sensor but oh well

OP
OP
navyjoe11

navyjoe11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy **** that thing is a ***** to tighten back on!

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The filter was a pain to get on? Spray it with some brake cleaner to get oil off tighten by hand only. Make sure the gasket on top of the filter has clean oil on it before tightening.

Prolly a good time to check your oil level

OP
OP
navyjoe11

navyjoe11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The filter was a pain to get on? Spray it with some brake cleaner to get oil off tighten by hand only. Make sure the gasket on top of the filter has clean oil on it before tightening.

Prolly a good time to check your oil level

No the sensor was a ***** to tighten on. Im assuming the threads had locktite or something of the sort. I only had a little 6 inch ratchet and could barely manipulate it in tight the quarters. I'm taking it to the dealer for an oil change when I get back in town again next week. Oil level slightly low. Checked that first, guess now I should know to check the filter as well, rookie mistake

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No the sensor was a ***** to tighten on. Im assuming the threads had locktite or something of the sort. I only had a little 6 inch ratchet and could barely manipulate it in tight the quarters. I'm taking it to the dealer for an oil change when I get back in town again next week. Oil level slightly low. Checked that first, guess now I should know to check the filter as well, rookie mistake

Not rookie mistake.... Just dealer messing up which can happen. No different than taking to Jiffy Lube and finding same problem