check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RICSTONE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2010 4.7 with Flowmaster Super 44 an it sounds great. But i do have a problem. Sense putting the flowmaster an catback on i keep getting check engine code for the o2 senser. All 4 of them have been replaced an if i just set an idle it will throw the code again. Especially if it is hot outside. Dealer said it was because i altered the exhaust. Any help??

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal? Do that and then plug it back on after a few minutes. Not sure if that would fix the issue but it might. Can't hurt to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
R

RICSTONE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes i have done that many times. It will clear the light but it will come back. Thanks

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ah okay, well hopefully someone else here will be able to help. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ShortBed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with Magnuson Supercharger 6lbs of boost
I'm not sure, but it may be that your exhaust is flowing better now and your O2 sensors are not getting hot enough. I put a set of long tube headers on my truck and I have the same issue. I asked about it on the site and Matt from Moe's performance said that I can add a spark plug extender to move the sensor out of the air flow. I have some other parts being installed and my shop is taking care of the code for me. Not sure if this helps, but check my post about O2 sensor narrow band wide band and you can see what Matt told me. Hope it helps.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check to see if the ground strap is connected to the exhaust hanger just before the where the muffler is.

OP
OP
R

RICSTONE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure, but it may be that your exhaust is flowing better now and your O2 sensors are not getting hot enough. I put a set of long tube headers on my truck and I have the same issue. I asked about it on the site and Matt from Moe's performance said that I can add a spark plug extender to move the sensor out of the air flow. I have some other parts being installed and my shop is taking care of the code for me. Not sure if this helps, but check my post about O2 sensor narrow band wide band and you can see what Matt told me. Hope it helps.

Do you just put the spacers on the back sensors? I will have to try this. Thanks

ShortBed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with Magnuson Supercharger 6lbs of boost
Here is what I was told. Like I said I'm not sure if this is the problem, but it ay be a cheap fix. Hope it helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is happening is that you are moving a lot more air now, and the rear o2 sensors don't know what to do with it. Many people just use a spark plug non fouler which is basically a spacer that pulls the rear o2 sensors out of the exhaust stream a bit. The shop will be able to disable your rear o2 sensors for you though, so that will also get rid of the light.

A wideband o2 sensor is just a gauge setup that allows you to accurately monitor your air/fuel ratio while driving. The shop may tell you that you need 1 of these to properly tune the truck with the blower on there.