Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
.......... Also it spit out a C3F03 code, what's that?

"C" codes are usually a chassis codes but will usually follow all numbers after the "C".

C3F03 is a classic hexadecimal code that converts to a 16 bit binary code of "1100 0011 1111 0000 0011". If I was to guess, that is a code only for use at an engineering level to be decoded by a source control document and not meant for end user interpretation.

Did you have a check engine light when you got this code? If not, might have just been part of a pending code that was waiting for another event trigger to post the check engine light.

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Yes the check engine light has been on. It stopped telling me the gas cap was off after my last fill up I made sure to tighten the gas cap. Check engine light is still on.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI...

I had p0300 codes after installing a 87 mmTB. No idea why. Tossed stock back on no codes. 87 on, instant misfire codes and rough start idle and rubbing.

Matt was awesome enough to send me another. No problem since.

I checked for leaks in vacuum, air intake, tuning, exhaust. Didn't figure it would be a TB problem.

OP
OP
S

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I picked up a new fuel cap at the stealership to see if that gets rid of the EVAP code. Then I can get back to seeing if the misfire shows up again. Is there anything hard about swapping coils? I'm going to attempt to swap two myself now that I have a scan tool to track the code.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up a new fuel cap at the stealership to see if that gets rid of the EVAP code. Then I can get back to seeing if the misfire shows up again. Is there anything hard about swapping coils? I'm going to attempt to swap two myself now that I have a scan tool to track the code.
Nope, take you 10 min!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk