Circle D Converters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking on their website and saw that they have 2 options for the 2600-3000 stall.

1 with the billet front cover and the other without. $100 difference between them. My question would be, should I go with the billet one or save that $100 towards another mod?

ericlee9386

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How extreme do you plan to get with your mods?

EdmontonSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Offtopic question, since this would be the first auto vehicle I have owned with the need for a converter. By adding a converter (say in the 2500-3000 range), how does that affect day to day drivability?

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
It doesn't your fine. Although you will spend more money on tires....

As far as the hundo, I believe in over building. Spend it. It's money well spent.

OP
OP
Darkflow

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How extreme do you plan to get with your mods?

Honestly, I only see myself adding longtubes & probably a cam. Maybe heads but that's probably going to be it. I still debate at times whether to trade in for a diesel or not.

Normally I wouldn't ask this question and just buy the $500 one but those $100 can go towards a deeper transmission pan if I don't really need the billet cover on the converter.

ericlee9386

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I went with the non billet converter. Unless your planning boost or nos it probably is not a necessity. But Lhemi is right anything worth doing is worth over doimg

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly, I only see myself adding longtubes & probably a cam. Maybe heads but that's probably going to be it. I still debate at times whether to trade in for a diesel or not.

Normally I wouldn't ask this question and just buy the $500 one but those $100 can go towards a deeper transmission pan if I don't really need the billet cover on the converter.

The trans temp will be about the same on the higher stall if not a little cooler, so I would get an Edge billet converter from Moes and skip the deeper pan. My trans usually runs around 140 degrees which is way below 'normal' temps.

Honestly, you would be better off with the diesel truck. The 545rfe trans isnt going to last if you drive you truck fast. IMHO

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
ive ran a 3000 stall from Circle D. had it on my 08 Sierra.

they perform GREAT!

higher stall converters DO increase trans temps. Mine increased about 10-15 degrees. At the track racing i saw an increase of about 25 degrees from normal temps. I did end up getting a bigger aftermarket trans cooler and that dropped the temps to a bit lower than normal, which was fine with me.

For daily driving 3000 was about borderline for me. if you are in traffic, youll really notice the truck having to rev higher for it to move (its not that noticeable in a sports car because it weighs a lot less than a full size truck)
and having to rev higher to get rolling = less MPG in the city.
highway MPG remained the same.

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Billet converter

Hey there, I say pay the xtra $100. That billet piece replaces the 4 welded on tabs with 1 piece. Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 37

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're looking for 3k stall and under then the $400 non-billet will be just fine(fastest NA and sprayed 4th Gen. use it). The only reason I went with the billet was for a looser stall and I had the money to burn...