Code P0481 Cooling Fan Relay 2 Control Circuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeMcG

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all I am a new Member so go easy on me. I just purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 Sport with Hemi 5.7.The Engine light came on and the code was P0481. I took it into my mechanic and everything checked out ok. He said I may have to take to a Dodge dealer. He cleared it but a couple days later same code pops up. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this code coming up when the cooling fan is working fine?

sunkiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old post, did you find out what is wrong with it? My fan is on at cold start and never turn off. I thought the relay first, but I swap out with new relays, no luck, and I am about to swap out the TIPM. Since my Fan is on 24X7 (not really, only when my car is running). It burned out the fan motor, I had to replace the entire fan at $350. The aftermarket TIPM cost me $590.. Ouch. Wish you have a cheaper fix.