Cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monkeyman76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anyone in California know of a cold air intake available for a ram 2500 5.7hemi thats carb legal?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Divi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
S&B is carb legal and I think the K&N is as well.

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Do these air intakes make any difference in performance / petrol consumption? or is it just for the looks?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I find cold air intakes have one primary benefit which is throttle response.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a used Mopar CAI for sale in the for sale forum. Check it out if your interested.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
S&B is carb legal and I think the K&N is as well.
Double check that. ^^^ May be correct, but the Commissars at CARB like to frequently modified their outrageous restrictions.

Unless the mfgr specifically has a CARB approval for your year, you may be setting yourself up for heart ache at smog time.

K&N is a People's Republic of Confiscation company, so they may have worked an approval.

Either way, if you live in Corruptifornia: Save your OEM box for reinstall in case the Commissars change their minds next Earth Day.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just saw the 2500 portion. Not sure if the Mopar cai fits for 2500

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to sound negative, but save your money. The factory air intake is a cold air unit that works real good, and the stock air filter will out flow the TB. You will only gain more noise from the throttle body, and have a good chance of loosing power because the engine will be sucking in hot air from under the hood. This subject has been covered many times over many years. So take some time and do a search on the cai kits. Good luck with your choice.

OP
OP
M

Monkeyman76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for all the info. This is my first Ram. I came from owning chevys so Im trying to gain all the info I can. I love the truck but I see all these add ons and get all excited so Im just trying to weigh out all the options before I start changing stuff around. This is a great place to learn. Thanks again for all the help.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk