Coolant ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
YES another someone asking about coolant :O 2015 Quad cab 3.6 V 6 Sorry for the dumb question!!!
Looking to pick up a gallon just to have on hand! Search doesn't bring up much, So Tag your it :) I have a Gallon of Orange Hex Cool for my
Chevy HHR Is that the same as Mopar Orange or do I need to get something else.. I did not see OAT on the label or on the jugs in Wal Mart! I thought there would be markings stating OAK . Or should I just pick up a Gal of MOPAR 50/50 but at 30$ 15 $ for Prestone is better lol But did not see OAT on that jug either.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
All 13+ need the new purple Mopar OAT. There may be others that are compatible. But, I wouldn't use them (especially on a truck under warranty). They drastically reduced the price on the Mopar stuff (it was almost $60 when it came out) so I think it's cheap insurance to just get the right stuff.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
All 13+ need the new purple Mopar OAT. There may be others that are compatible. But, I wouldn't use them (especially on a truck under warranty). They drastically reduced the price on the Mopar stuff (it was almost $60 when it came out) so I think it's cheap insurance to just get the right stuff.

That's what I was thinking, I did not want to mix anything that may screw it up.. SO MOPAR it is Thanks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mopar 10/150 not 5/100, I knew you new that, just say'n.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Mopar 10/150 not 5/100, I knew you new that, just say'n.
Actually I did not know there were two different types of MOPAR Coolant! Thanks for the heads up

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pre 13 is HOAT, but I don't think they actually label it that way. I just bought two gallons myself. So whether or not it actually says oat, which I don't think it does, there is only one coolant that boasts 10/150 and that is the new super OAT coolant made by Chrysler. Check this out. It may be the best coolant ever made, time will tell. A lot of thought seamed to go into it. I would buy concentrated, I think the shelf life would be better, just a guess. Easiest to mix it 50/50 before adding. Keep it closed, oxygen is the worst enemy of coolant.

Amazon, that was what I paid for the HOAT, same price as oat. Looks like one guy bought the concentrate but got the 50/50, so watch out maybe get from a different vendor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Pre 13 is HOAT, but I don't think they actually label it that way. I just bought two gallons myself. So whether or not it actually says oat, which I don't think it does, there is only one coolant that boasts 10/150 and that is the new super OAT coolant made by Chrysler. Check this out. It may be the best coolant ever made, time will tell. A lot of thought seamed to go into it. I would buy concentrated, I think the shelf life would be better, just a guess. Easiest to mix it 50/50 before adding. Keep it closed, oxygen is the worst enemy of coolant.

Amazon, that was what I paid for the HOAT. Looks like one guy bought the concentrate buy got the 50/50, so watch out maybe get from a different vendor.
Thanks for the links and education.. I am used to the old green coolant and the orange Dex a couple years ago. not the RAM with another coolant lol Thanks again
e

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I'd say there is a lot going on since those two. Keep it simple, you can't go wrong with that. I do use RMI-25 as well, might want to check that out. Especially a few months before a flush. The one thing that coolants don't have is detergency, and most of the oats have potential for gumming up, just depends on how much air gets in there. I put in 8 ounces of rmi25 a year, the results I have had in a slimed up vehicle was nothing less then amazing. Long story, but the stuff does exactly what it says it does. If there is any slime or rust, it will deposit it in the over flow tank, no joke. Peace, B

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Burla...is the RMI compatable with the new OAT? I would like to add some to my system.

Broyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Burla...is the RMI compatable with the new OAT? I would like to add some to my system.

Ya, I'd be really concerned about mixing anything other than distilled water with MOPAR OAT as well. The label is marked as OAT. This OAT is the 100% stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 50

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Compatible with all coolants, but definitely research it. I've been using it in my hoat for a long while, crystal orange, pure see through. Hoat is not dissimilar to oat, it just oat mixed with phosphates or silicates or something fancy in the case of G05. I believe the irony is it was created to be able to mix with oat, but that didn't pan out. They also created it to be a safer option the dex, imo that did pan out. Now, they are going away from hoat, because they found a way to make oat better and less risky then dex and it lasts longer supposedly. I been using it with HOAT and IAT for a decade plus, I never used oat, but if I did, I would use rmi25. I don't take the other posters warning lightly, you really should research it, maybe you will find something I don't know. Bobtheoilguy has a coolant section, check it out. Contact RMI25 directly, I'm sure they can help explain it.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Compatible with all coolants, but definitely research it. I've been using it in my hoat for a long while, crystal orange, pure see through. Hoat is not dissimilar to oat, it just oat mixed with phosphates or silicates or something fancy in the case of G05. I believe the irony is it was created to be able to mix with oat, but that didn't pan out. They also created it to be a safer option the dex, imo that did pan out. Now, they are going away from hoat, because they found a way to make oat better and less risky then dex and it lasts longer supposedly. I been using it with HOAT and IAT for a decade plus, I never used oat, but if I did, I would use rmi25. I don't take the other posters warning lightly, you really should research it, maybe you will find something I don't know. Bobtheoilguy has a coolant section, check it out. Contact RMI25 directly, I'm sure they can help explain it.

Great info alot should be in a sticky :), I will google RMI25 to check it out as well.. Thanks this old dog did learn a new trick lol

Broyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've posted this link before but it is worth a repeat. It primarily concerns mixing OAT with HOAT but it makes me believe in the sensitivity that OAT has to contamination.

A question about coolant and oxygen. How does contact with air in the overflow tank affect the coolant in there?

ATTENTION: Know Your Jeep JK Wrangler Coolants and Save Your Engine!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I like this article-pdf. I think there is no real mixing of air in the over flow tank as it rises and drops easily, but what is rolling around the radiator is like violent water wash.

Broyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That .pdf is a good article. Thanks! I think it is a bit dated though because it says Chrysler is using HOAT (which it did up to a couple years ago). I think they changed to OAT in 2013.

These coolants also contain additives to match the composition of seals and gaskets used in that year - usually silicon or rubber based - to keep the seals firm but not brittle.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Look at your owners manual for what it uses and then go on line and order the correct Mopar coolant. That's what I did. Why all the drama with coolant purchasing? I don't get it.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Look at your owners manual for what it uses and then go on line and order the correct Mopar coolant. That's what I did. Why all the drama with coolant purchasing? I don't get it.
First yes the owner's manual has alot of info, but the question gave out alot of good info the manual does not have ! Plus wanting user info is a plus! So I DO NOT know what drama you are talking about ? You learn by asking questions !!!

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
First yes the owner's manual has alot of info, but the question gave out alot of good info the manual does not have ! Plus wanting user info is a plus! So I DO NOT know what drama you are talking about ? You learn by asking questions !!!

You asked a simple question I gave you a simple answer, since you just want an extra gallon sitting around like the gallon I have just sitting around. Mopar antifreeze on line isn't any more expensive than any other anti freeze and since you aren't in a hurry for it you might as well get the real OE stuff.