Coolant leak/coolant temp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gottobecdn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
5.7 hemi
Woke up to a puddle on the driveway this morning. After a lengthy inspection I still can't fing the leak. Majority of lost coolant is on the frame rail directly below the crank, leading me to believe the water pump but nowhere around the housing nor the hole behind the pulley is wet. A wiring harness is soaked directly below the thermostat housing/temp sensor also.... All hose connections are good, definitely coming from the engine side and not the rad... Any ideas? Coolant temp is running around 204 (0utside air temp is 68 today) did peak at 206 at one point..... Anyone know what the preferred coolant temp is? One theory I have is high temp resulted in coolant blowing past o ring on temp sensor but honestly I don't really know what's going on.

2010 SLT, 5.7 Hemi

09hemicrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did you ever find your leak? I'm having a similar leak on mine. Thanks!

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can't see where it is coming from, dry everything as best you can.

Start it up and look for it to start dripping.

Follow that as far as you can(with the engine OFF).

A flashlight is handy.

OP
OP
G

Gottobecdn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did find the leak after months of head aches.... Water pump gasket was the culprit. it failed in the top right section. decided to replace the whole pump and gasket, i drained/ flushed and replaced the coolant. all is well and my driveway is now happy