Corsa 14405 exhaust...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does anyone have this installed on their Ram ? I've placed my order for this to replace my Borla SS and am curious as to any other owners out there. Oh by the way the one that I've ordered is the black tips one 14405BLK.

F.O.F

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't tell you. My Borla sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had corsa cat backs on my 2014 1500 hemi. one of the sweetest sounding set of pipes I've ever heard. Clean and raw, no drone. just sounds so 'powerful' listening to the revs. but not just loud for the sake of being loud. a refined, expensive sounding loud. yet when you're not on it, its quiet. I guess an expensive quiet.... I turned MDS off so not sure how it sounds with MDS. worst part of selling that truck was knowing Corsa doesn't make an exhaust for my 2500 6.4.

disclaimer: I am biased. I've had corsas on my last 4 vehicles.

Last edited:

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What Borla exhaust did you have(S-type or Touring) and what don't you like about it? I have an appointment set-up for Tuesday afternoon for an estimate on cutting out my Y-pipe to make a true duel exhaust. I was leaning towards two Borla XR-1 and having them install it right to my existing Magnaflow tail pipes. I'm a little concerned that a true duel will sound like a ricer :puke:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Borla XR I think. PN# 40349. Has a great tone not to loud when you on it. And hardly any cabin drone at cruising speed. I really like it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SyN

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Corsa in stainless on my truck for about 3 mos now. No drone at all, loud as hell on a cold start and when you mat it but it's quiet when just cruising. My neighbors think it sounds like WWII airplane when I start it in the mornings. I keep MDS turned off bc it sounds terrible. Not worried about mileage anyway.

There are some videos on YouTube that are pretty much spot on as far what it will sound like.

Last edited:

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am running it.

It replaced an 18" mufflex due to drone at certain rpm' so.

Corsa is stock like sounding in cab, windows closed on the highway.

Louder than stock when on it in cab, Windows closed.

Windows open, on it it's loud, quite loud actually when on it, quiet when cruising.

My biggest complaint it what I call the baffle bark, at certain times, mainly when really on it there is a raspy sound like a loose baffle at to top of the rpms.

My friend has the extreme on his 300s, it's sounds killer due to the quicker shifts.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good to hear some reviews from actual owners. Let me just say that it's not that I hate nor even dislike my Borla exhaust. I've always been an exhaust freak lol and I usually swap them out often. In this case I do want black tips, but I also want a " different " sound.

F.O.F

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My biggest complaint it what I call the baffle bark, at certain times, mainly when really on it there is a raspy sound like a loose baffle at to top of the rpms.

I think I remember some 8 speed owners having weird sounds during shifts at high rpm. is that what you're talking about? something to do with the ECU and how it controls RPMs during shifts if I remember correctly.

the cold start bark has been on all 4 of my corsas. Even my current Mustang with the old man "sport" version has a loud bark on cold start then settles in to quiet rumble.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well sadly my " old " Ram only has a 5 speed so I should be good to go. :)

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I remember some 8 speed owners having weird sounds during shifts at high rpm. is that what you're talking about? something to do with the ECU and how it controls RPMs during shifts if I remember correctly.

the cold start bark has been on all 4 of my corsas. Even my current Mustang with the old man "sport" version has a loud bark on cold start then settles in to quiet rumble.

Yeah kinda, more like if its not been running and real hot and you romp on it. Its not a bad thing its just a thing that I wish was a bit more refined.

Cold start its loud, but cold start on the mufflex and the house would vibrate because of where I park lol.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well I am now in the waiting process for my tracking information for my Corsa exhaust. Once it arrives, I'll drop it off at the shop and have the Borla removed and this installed. Then I have a trip planned to break it in.3cc70dbeb0ace41dd371ecf4725da08e.jpg

F.O.F

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

It does have unique sound with the 8 speed at WOT, you can feel and hear the timing being pulled out of it on the shifts. If you've ever watched the movie Bullet, it sounds sort of like that double clutching mustang in the car chase scene, in my opinion.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah kinda, more like if its not been running and real hot and you romp on it. Its not a bad thing its just a thing that I wish was a bit more refined.

Cold start its loud, but cold start on the mufflex and the house would vibrate because of where I park lol.

yeah the mufflex / magnaflow on my 2500 is pretty loud, I'll agree. I think I'll send Corsa another annoying email on future product development ideas....

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My new Corsa set up will be here on Thursday, and installed by Friday. Want to give it at least a week of break in before posting thoughts/audio on it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
How about you give us initial thought, and then a week later update

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That's fair enough as I have an 1/2 drive back from my exhaust guy. I'll do it with windows up & down as well as fitment..

Night RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got the corsa 14405BLK on my ram.......

I cannot stay off the gas, I love the sound of it. I was talking to a coworker today and he heard me leave yesterday. His words were that he thought some expensive car just drove in, but it was me with my lead foot leaving.

Great sounding exhaust and well worth the money.