Corsa dB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looking for first hand info on the Corsa dB cat back setup. I am now looking for the flashiest setup, or for it to be super loud. I am just after a performance catback setup with No Drone for my Crew Cab. I pulled the Carven Progressive off a few months ago because of the drone, and I only want to deal with changing the exhaust one more time.
Thanks for your help.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
do it. I had a Corsa on my G8 GT, Tundra, Ram 1500, and my Mustang. the corsa cat backs sound killer in general but really sweet on the hemi. I had one on my 14 1500. turn off the MDS and just listen to the music the Hemi puts out. Not loud, no drone, just smiles.

the DB series use less expensive materials but same no drone technology. I think everything is aluminized not galvanized. If you plan on keeping your ride for a while, even in NC, save a bit more and go "genuine" Corsa.

Reactions: SyN

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Corsa DB is a great exhaust, I've had it on my Laramie for the past 5 years and its been great.
Sounds good, no drone held up better than the magnaflow on my '15 in-terms of surface rust.

The only thing that i didn't like much was the slash cut tips but for 750$ you cant complain and that was easily solved with a pair of dynomax double walled tips for under 50$.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the stainless cat back on mine and love it, no drone at all! My neighbors don't really like the 5am cold starts but does really sound cool as crap. Install is simple as well. PM me an email address and I'll fwd you one of my cold starts.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is the one that I used to replace my Borla ( which I loved the sound of ) but I wanted black tips and didn't want to cut up the Borla.01aaf8bde6c6059ce5d8dd0d09348876.jpg

F.O.F

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I asked Corsa hte main differences between the "Corsa" and the "DB" the main difference is lower quality stainless steel, crush clamps vs. band clamps, different tips and slightly different muffler.

They claimed the "DB" is slightly louder over the std. "Corsa" muffler.

I went with the 14405 Corsa set up as I liked the tips more, did not want super loud and wanted band clamps vs. crush clamps.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had the Mopar/Corsa Catback (they have Mopar etched in the tips instead of Corsa) on my Jeep for 7 years. Both before and after I added the ARH long tubes. No drone and I love the staccato rasp. My neighbors have gotten used to it, I think. They waive instead of giving me the finger. ;) So they were gonna be my go to when I got the Ram. Unfortunately they don't make anything for the regular cabs.

I'd really like to convert to true duals, without having to go to headers. Not gonna gain any power over single, but duals sound better IMO. So haven't done anything exhaust-wise on the Ram yet. I'm sure my neighbors love that.

Anyone notice their tips getting excited and sporting a chub? Mine grow about an inch or so longer and stick out further from the bumper when they heat up vs being cold. The stock exhaust didn't do that. Haven't checked the Ram.

wink

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For several hundred dollars difference, I think I am okay with the dB setup. I can always get the tips powder coated. Thanks for the info guys.

Night RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the corsa PN14405 BLK put o my 17 ram 1500 cc standard bed. Even though my truck is the 149" wheelbase and it's built for the 140" wheelbase it still fits pretty much perfectly.

The sound is great at idle and wot. When your cursing you can't hear a thing until you start going up large hills.

Burbles like a raceboat at idle. Sounds amazing wot. Can't seem to keep my foot off the gas and my wallet is already feeling lighter.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
And here is why its hard to pick an exhaust without hearing it in person. I decided to install the Corsa catback on my 2015, and took it right back off an hour later. I did not like the bubbling/gurgling sound it had at idle or low rpm. It was 100% drone free, but I went back to Magnaflow. IMO, that sound fits a higher end sports car better than it does a Ram truck. We all like something different, but I was pretty dissapointed in it myself for that kind of money.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I found out last week that the Corsa DB 4" straight through muffler works great on diesel trucks!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've had Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Borla, and now the Corsa all on the same truck. Each one served a different purpose and all had their to me highs and lows. I agree that exhausts are subjective but sadly at this price point it can easily be a costly regret. Even listening via videos does not tell the true tale. My sole reason why I went with my current exhaust was the blk part. If I were to do an exhaust again, I would have mine custom made and be done with it. :)

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And here is why its hard to pick an exhaust without hearing it in person. I decided to install the Corsa catback on my 2015, and took it right back off an hour later. I did not like the bubbling/gurgling sound it had at idle or low rpm. It was 100% drone free, but I went back to Magnaflow. IMO, that sound fits a higher end sports car better than it does a Ram truck. We all like something different, but I was pretty dissapointed in it myself for that kind of money.

I have to agree with this, I had a 18" mufflex and if it did not drone I would have kept it as the sound "fit" the truck better.

But

The Corsa has no drone and does sound killer when on it, its just not as deep as a maggy.

If I ever go with LT's I will be selling the Corsa for a Magnaflow, Corsa is way to raspy w/ LT's to me.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am a huge Corsa fan. one of the only exhaust that I can say I like the way they sound on anything. I have had it on several vehicles and will eventually put one on my Power Wagon. We sell a ton of Corsa and have tons of positive feedback on them. the quality is top notch and they have an awesome distinct sound. I really like how it has a nice idle sound, fairly quiet at cruise and screams WOT

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do it. I had a Corsa on my G8 GT, Tundra, Ram 1500, and my Mustang. the corsa cat backs sound killer in general but really sweet on the hemi. I had one on my 14 1500. turn off the MDS and just listen to the music the Hemi puts out. Not loud, no drone, just smiles.

the DB series use less expensive materials but same no drone technology. I think everything is aluminized not galvanized. If you plan on keeping your ride for a while, even in NC, save a bit more and go "genuine" Corsa.

It’s not alumnized,it’s t 304 vs the corsa t 409. Love my setup