Corsa DB catback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I installed a Corsa DB exhaust. Needless to say I was hoping for something a bit louder. I knew this was a mild exhaust but just seems like a more refined version of the stock. I want an exhaust that's louder but doesn't drone like crazy. Thinking about taking out the corsa muffler and sticking in a borla pro xs dual out. Any other recommendations.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have one of the best exhaust company's catback on. Just drive it for awhile, it will get a bit louder. Live with it for awhile then see how it gets along with you.

wildcat12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put some catted long tubes on it and it will get quite a bit louder. Obviously that's an expensive option but it gives you the best of both worlds. No drone on the highway but still pretty loud. Thats the exact setup I have, ARH 1 3/4 catted headers and a Corsa DB exhaust.

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've had it on for roughly 6K miles. From my understanding the Corsa exhausts don't get louder with age cause there is no packing to burn out. Any way to get a bit more sound out of it without going to headers?

Last edited:

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The DB is the cheaper line, so I cannot comment on exactly what yours sound like.

My Corsa sport is pretty loud, but very refined. No interior drone or unnecessary noise. I find some people misconstrue loud interior noise with a good exhaust system.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Ive been in black widow and Carven rams and they were unbearably ******

Heres my Sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-31Fd-owL8

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Put some catted long tubes on it and it will get quite a bit louder. Obviously that's an expensive option but it gives you the best of both worlds. No drone on the highway but still pretty loud. Thats the exact setup I have, ARH 1 3/4 catted headers and a Corsa DB exhaust.

Any video clips?

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The DB is the cheaper line, so I cannot comment on exactly what yours sound like.

My Corsa sport is pretty loud, but very refined. No interior drone or unnecessary noise. I find some people misconstrue loud interior noise with a good exhaust system.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Ive been in black widow and Carven rams and they were unbearably ******

Heres my Sport

I guess loudness is dependent on the person. The Corsa Sport and the DB have the exact same muffler design according to Corsa. The only difference is 304 vs 409 stainless and the sport has better tips.

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put a Borla XR-1 in place of the Corsa muffler.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Heres my Sport

I had the corsa sport on my 2014 1500. no experience with the DB series. It was definitely not quiet but not obnoxious. has a nice raw growl with a nice bark when you get on it. having said that my 2500 magnaflow seem a bit too loud/booming for me. I'm probably just a cranky old man though

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the magnaflow 16869 on my single cab and it is louder than the DB on my laramie. maybe thats something you could look into.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does it drone?

not at all, little louder in cabin (the DB is tamer in cabin) but i wouldn't call it drone at all.

one thing you could do is get this kit - https://www.amazon.com/Mufflex-DOD2...e=UTF8&qid=1489558213&sr=8-4&keywords=mufflex

it may work with the existing Corsa piping instead of having to purchase a full new kit. Or you could just put the stock piping back on and just replace the center muffler, you also have a range of options from obnoxious to mild with the Mufflex kits in the link.