Couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBrown21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 3.7
So I want to do a couple upgrades but want to have some Input on them. Thinking about getting headers for my 5.7 but was wondering how headers with a stock exhaust back (for now) will sound? I want the performance end of it and I want a nice rumble but nothing too loud. Also this may be a noobish question but is a cold air intake for our 5.7 worth it?
Thanks in advance.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
CAI definitely worth it, if you don't want too loud just get a performance muffler. You have dual exhaust?

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
General consensus is the Vararam is best for these trucks (some will stay away if they live in a snowy climate tho) runner up would be the S&B.

Headers w/ stock cat-back is probably the best way to get performance with not much increase in sound. Shorties will net you very little but full LT's and a new Y pipe will add a decent gain without too much noise. It will get louder, but deeper too. Cat-back systems offer very little performance gain anyway. The real restrictions are further up the system in the manifolds and smashed "Y" pipe.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just deleted the cats on my truck and it honestly sounded like crap with the stock muffler. Obviously long tube headers are different than just cat deletes, so it could sound better. I ripped the stock muffler off and put a 22" Jones muffler (Magnaflow copy) and it sounds so deep and really gives the truck a hearty tone.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
if your local laws allow for Vararam that would be first choice, CA doesn't allow.