Cranks, but randomly, no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steph70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel one ton
Hi guys,
OK, so here's my issue. I have 2011 hemi 4wd. Randomly it will start sometimes , (and it doesn't matter if its a cold start or not) and sometimes it will just crank, just not start. On occasion after the truck is turned completely off after driving it, the fuel pump keeps running. I changed the fuel pump fuse and replaced it. It started just fine the first couple of times and now its not wanting to again. I can't go anywhere in it because I'm afraid its not going to start. But when it does start, I have no problems and it runs great and sounds great. No check engine light is on either. I have read so many related issues and watched tons of you tube videos. I am a female so I haven't found a mechanic I can trust, which is why I try to do a lot of research on my own to troubleshoot the issue so I don't get screwed over , which so many people do these days.
Thanks for any help!!!

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have problems with the fuel pump relay in the tipm that will cause something like this. When it won't start, check for power on the fuel pump fuse with a test light. If there is no power, it is likely that the relay has failed and an external relay can be installed to bypass the tipm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk