Crazy to want true duals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I am wanting true duels put on my 2500 in the worst way. I have never been this anxious about getting a mod done to any of my vehicles. I guess it's cause I have this big brute of a truck with no rumble what so ever.
Does anyone know for sure that doing this doesn't void the warranty? Every vehicle I have done before the warranty was long gone but this baby doesn't even have a thousand miles on it yet.

Lees10ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ill get some as soon as I can. Adding tail pipes this weekend

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Here is a old system I did on my 06 it's dual 2.5 with magnaflow round mufflers and a h pipe. It sounded pretty good, mds drone wasent nearly as bad as the magnaflow xl chambered I had on there but was still present. https://youtu.be/rBoXPwx-qK4

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had quiet a few exhaust since I purchased my truck in 2012, 68k later I have decided that a properly built true dual system is where my heart is. In combination with my custom tune, headers, vararam, 87mm throttle body, and 180 stat my truck runs stronger than it did with my other exhaust set ups. I now have a 2.5 inch x pipe with custom built exhaust cutouts going into 2 pypes m80 race mufflers followed up with 5''inch tips. It's the best sounding and performing exhaust I have ever installed. Hellcat sound in a truck.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
This is my opinion of a perfect exhaust for the 5.7L... Either the Flowmaster/Magnaflow cross flow muffler could be substituted for the Demon exhaust...

5" Tips would be a plus as well...

Kinney's creates one smooth flowing exhaust system...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG7H6xIKWzU

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
My friends truck (in my avatar) has true duels with magnaflow mufflers.

It's got a deep sound, it's sorta quiet to me. It does get loud under WOT but not as loud as mine. Which has a flowmaster single exhaust.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my opinion of a perfect exhaust for the 5.7L... Either the Flowmaster/Magnaflow cross flow muffler could be substituted for the Demon exhaust...

5" Tips would be a plus as well...

Kinney's creates one smooth flowing exhaust system...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG7H6xIKWzU

That almost has a hollow mustang sound.
I like it. Wonder how much that cost.

Last edited:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
That almost has a hollow mustang sound.
I like it. Wonder how much that cost.

I agree on the Sound! Just pure Muscle Car sound-->No Hillbilly/Redneck sounding there...

As for cost... I have no idea! Kinney's is very proud of their work / but their work is dam near perfection...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAfu4UlfoM

Their shop is some where within the Dallas/Forth Worth area...

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree on the Sound! Just pure Muscle Car sound-->No Hillbilly/Redneck sounding there...

As for cost... I have no idea! Kinney's is very proud of their work / but their work is dam near perfection...

Yeah, I looked on their site and watched some more video's. It does look like they do very nice work so your probably right on the price. lol

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
You are right. Exhaust is just very hard to explain through words because sound will change based on whether you use an X or H pipe, where you place the X/H pipe, where you place the mufflers, what size piping you run, with headers or without, what size tips, etc...

If you are going with duals, I would switch to 2.5" piping with an X pipe just behind the transmission crossmember, and then mount the mufflers in about the stock location and keep the stock 2.25" tailpipes out back. Pair that up with a set of 5" tips, and it will have a very nice growl to it.

Thats what I did but without the 5'' tips I kept the original ones! Put an X-pipe near the trans and changed the muffler for a 14'' one from magnaflow! Best sound I ever heard! I could try the 5'' tips tho!

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really love the way my exhaust sounds now, and I have had many. It sounds more old school. It's very aggressive on start up, rumbles at idle, mild when your cruising, but all hell breaks out when you get on it, gives me chills.

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Hemi450hp,
Is there any advantage with changing the 2.25 tails to 2.5” (for true dual or even just single to dual exhaust) or no? Was thinking of upgrading my tails to 2.5” if it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hey Hemi450hp,
Is there any advantage with changing the 2.25 tails to 2.5” (for true dual or even just single to dual exhaust) or no? Was thinking of upgrading my tails to 2.5” if it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say it's not worth the money to change it. In fact you can get to the point where you lose too much back pressure & you can start losing low end torque.
You do want to get rid of any bottle neck the exhaust might have. On my 2500 with the 6.4 the "Y" pipe from the factory was really bad. I ended up putting true duels on all the way to the back, but even if I just replaced the Y pipe I would have created much better exhaust flow.