custom exhaust tip idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etbenson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so i had an idea to make custom exhaust tips and wanted to get the opinion of others. thinking of making dual 5" tips similar to carvens tips. basically taking 5" stainless steel tubing, angle cutting it, cutting the clams off the original tips and welding them to the tubing for easy clamp on installation and then painting/powder coating black???

also, i once heard that different size tips can have a slight effect on the sound (think of it like a small blow horn sounding like a fart and a bigger blow horn sounding deeper... probably a stupid example) so another idea i had was to make the 5" portion of the tip longer. for example lets say cravens is 5x5" (just a guess) and i made mine 5x8"? opinions are appreciated!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just a suggestion....I think they're awesome
c22e647948fc549cdf2d21d0e0190d48.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
so i had an idea to make custom exhaust tips and wanted to get the opinion of others. thinking of making dual 5" tips similar to carvens tips. basically taking 5" stainless steel tubing, angle cutting it, cutting the clams off the original tips and welding them to the tubing for easy clamp on installation and then painting/powder coating black???

also, i once heard that different size tips can have a slight effect on the sound (think of it like a small blow horn sounding like a fart and a bigger blow horn sounding deeper... probably a stupid example) so another idea i had was to make the 5" portion of the tip longer. for example lets say cravens is 5x5" (just a guess) and i made mine 5x8"? opinions are appreciated!
Moes 5" tips have the OEM clams, and are full length 5" diameter gotta be at least 12" and cut on diagonal with rolled edge.
So you'd have to be a reliable source with a quality product, excellent customer service and quick shipping for under $200.
Otherwise easy day!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You gotta admit there cool

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk