Custom Track Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Well, I decided it was time to get rid of the hideous headlight intake I was running and switch to something a little more subtle for this upcoming race season. I ended up replacing and relocating my coolant overflow bottle, and piecing together this intake by modifying 2 LMI mid tubes and 1 of their 6" to 4" hammer pipes that they make for the LX cars. You can see the black Billet Specialties overflow bottle just in front of the radiator on the passenger side...

IMG_3209_zpsyolks7me.jpg

IMG_3205_zpsvktuhitk.jpg

IMG_3211_zpsmgpmmjlc.jpg

IMG_3181_zpsx9rwhu4t.jpg

When on the street, I simply put the filter back on and rotate the pipe a little further back so that it sits just in front of the scoop...Should perform well even in street trim with it always getting fresh air form the air scoop...

IMG_3213_zpsoek0o8nk.jpg

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Does look a bit better than before :)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Legmaker and I have been talking about possibly offering a track intake for the Rams, but I don't think you guys are going to like the price tag...haha. I used 2 mid tubes, 1 hammer tube, and had to buy a new coolant bottle and build a mounting bracket for it. Cost of parts as it sits now is almost $800.

We are going to continue talking to see if there is a more cost efficient way to build something similar. If anything comes of this, I will be sure to let you guys know first.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Ethan, this would be an easy mod for you to mock up with your track tube. There are hundreds of options for coolant overflow tanks, so its not tough to build a simple bracket to get it out of the way for the scoop. You don't even see this from outside the truck, and prep time is less than 2 minutes to pull the filter and connect the tube to the scoop.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Doing this with a hard straight pipe to the grille is impossible on mine due to all the ac lines. It looks like matt doesnt have ac anymore.